Originally posted by "On Cloud 1001" Ray:
Originally posted by Twisted6:
Originally posted by TGO:
ya know...i'm definitley not keeping my car once it's paid off, but i was contemplating dropping the cash on a boosted csvt since all the work would already be done, and it would probably be cheaper in the long run. That car was the one i was contemplating most.

Ah well, I guess MS6 it is...

If you are considering a MS6, start writing down which stations in New York have 93-octane. You have to use 93-octane or you start seeing the powerloss issue they have. Without 93 it will go from 15 PSI to 0 PSI at 4,500 RPM. You don't know sluggish until you drive a 3,600 lbs sedan powered by 160 WHP.

Yes I do.

An SVT with 200-250lbs of audio equipment and two riders with luggage across country.. I know the feeling.

LOL

I hope you don't mean it feels sluggish with all that weight?

You know you're running between 10-11 lbs/hp (factoring the HP to weight ratio is just the reciprocal of 0.1 hp/pound);
whereas a stock CSVT runs anywhere form 17-20 lbs/hp ?
Its definitely a good way to look at it, but on the other hand you have twice the power for a given weight but only about 10% increase in tire width....215mm-235mm
kind of explains the launch issues.

I'm glad the buyer was someone who will take care of the car, and yet still enjoy it. Ray will also remain a CEG member and sort of keep it "in the family".

Oh yeah, be sure to tell these guys how good the driveability is, what kind of gas mileage you got, all while still extracting that much power out of it.
I bragged about it occasionally, but who knows if anyone actually believed me. Having another opinion may lend credibility to those claims. VERY FEW people ever get there project 'monster' cars to run very well and hence many end up selling the car because they are dissatisfied and frustrated.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black