Originally posted by Roz 1999 SVT-C:
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
I dont' get this whole pissing match about this subject.....what works for some doesn't work for others, in many faucets of life. So why can't this subject just be dropped?

Id be more than happy to drop it, if people would just read my previous posts to know what exactly im doing....On top of that, im doing it for Warmonger as a favor and out of respect because he asked if i could assist him.

I didn't ask the flamers to rehash the subject, i was just merly defending myself from them because some people cant leave well enough alone. warmonger asked me a question, i answered...there was no reason for the other involment, or rude comments.

Lupe

Hey, as you can see this is a sensitive topic. Probably just don't take it personal and let anything inflamatory drop so that we all can continue to get along.
Your real world results with the fluid will be very helpfull in determining if the fluid is hurting your transmission.

The logic behind this is simple:
**A lube that is good lasts a long time and the transmission operates as designed with a normal amount of wear.
**A lube that is bad doesn't last a long time or doesn't allow the transmission to operate as designed, or allows higher than normal wear.

BY DEFAULT:
**A lubricant that DOES NOT cause abnormal wear, does not wear out early and allows the transmission to operate normally should be considered a good lubricant.

Therefore, 30,000 miles using the same type of fluid ought to provide usefull information.
Also, you have a stock diff right?

We've seen the heavy black deposits in otherwise unhurt transmission ONLY from LSD equiped transmissions that were run on redline. We haven't seen any LSD equiped transmission pictures that have 5-10K miles on other fluids yet.
We've seen stock transmission run on redline for 3 times longer that show no black deposits.

So we are really looking at 3 separate issues here and all calling it one thing.
- We have failed stock transmission with high amounts of gound-up grayish metal deposits run on MTL; with high mileages on other fluids previously.
- We have the heavy black deposits from Torsen LSD equiped transmissions that showed no other symptoms of failure, but slight tint to the ring gear that has debateable origins...yet was still serviceable.
- We have transmissions that have performed fine on MTL.

This is all I really know and it isn't conclusive enough for me to agree at all that MTL is bad. Only thing I'm seeing as consistent is that it may not be suited for cold weather applications.

So Roz, we need this longer term test results to see if the wear metals are higher in percent than other fluids, or if they are abnormal wear metals.
And trust me. MANY people, including the unhappy ones will appreciate the information!

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black