I see we are on a roll again!. I guess I can't understand how just swapping out lubes from brand X to brand Y is any form of structured testing. Residue from previous lubes will be in the trans and this type of 'try it and see' evaluation flies in the face of any real world engineering or lab testing of a lube. Any evaluation must be carried out on test rigs set up to the Ford spec or a series of clean 'virgin' built transmissions which after the testing would be stripped, measured etc.Having a poll is not not much better. You can't 'vote in' a specific lube...this again is not logical engineering practice for evaluating a product or a components performance, wear, operating life etc. I have no idea where these guys have had practical engineering experience in product testing etc but it appears that it was picked up off the back of a corn flake packet....for sure it was not in an engineering establishment. Using lab tests for content of lube and wear checks during and after testing on the components in question is the only scientific way to get correct answers. The input I had from friends in Transmission Engineering in Ford Germany,the trib lab in Germany,info from Quaife UK and many other peers in my circle of engineers tells me that some of the brand X lubes are not up to the standard Ford has set...simple as that.This debate on lube has become more like the 'can't tell it from butter' ads.....very 'shadetree'.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me