Originally posted by White99SE:
^^^ What Auto-X Fil said!

The only thing that's an issue with me is (in our region anyway) that an event pretty much burns a whole day. For many that's not an issue, but I've got 3 kids who don't see much of me during the week as it is, so the weekends are "quality time". When they get a little older (the oldest just turned 5) it might be fun to bring them along. But for now, I AutoX when I can and pray the event doesn't run late so I don't have to face my wife after having spent the entire day alone with 3 small kids.

What he said, but with 4 kids.

I have "matured" on the whole subject of motorsports. When I first discovered autocross, I went stark raving mad and tried to sell the kids into slavery so I could afford more racing parts. Now I've come to my senses and realize that it's "just a thing" that I get to do now and then if I'm lucky.

I stay involved where I can, but the family comes first. There'll be more time for all this stuff later, and as the kids get a bit older (or show an interest.)

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998