Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#1498208 02/09/06 02:30 AM
P
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
Uni,

Thank's alot for all the insight you've given me. I've decided against the mod, But rather decided I will be going with a chip instead.

I've never heard of the problem with the CD4E with a chip installed, And a chip.. In this case would net me more power than a simple pressure line trick would.

With my car going on 140,000, and being my only way of transportation. In my honest oppinion it's better to leave it alone (Or atleast in this situation do it right, with a chip.)

Again, I thank you for taking the time to post the post you have. Not many people would take the time you did to explain it to us.

Thanks,
-Josh

96' ATX Zetec- stock 96' ATX Zetec- Modded Kenwood KDC-319 5.75"-2 MTX 12's Roady XT Custom door panels Mystique Cluster/oil pressure Getting repainted(in primer) Pre98 Lip SE skirts Mystique front lip dingless badgeless
#1498209 02/09/06 02:56 AM
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
WOW! Thanks for all of the info!!

Originally posted by unisys12:
Basically, it looks just like a compression tester with a nozzle that screws in the case of the tranny and a long tube that runs up to a measuring device. Might even been the same thing, but I have not actually seen one in person. Do a search on Summit or JEG's website, I think they have what I am talking about. You will also need to monitor the seperate shift circuits pressures as well.

Couldn't you just use an oil pressure guage? That's what I was planning on using. (I want to be able to monitor it for my upcoming my turbo upgrade.) Something with a memory to record peaks.

BTW, what does TV stand for?

Thanks again.

Ben

Ben ---'96 Contour GL * Zetec ATX * Tan on Black steelies--- +++JRSC M62 Under Construction+++ My big-a$$ mod list.
#1498210 02/10/06 12:14 AM
U
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
U
Originally posted by ButtonPuncher:
WOW! Thanks for all of the info!!

No problem, that's what we're here for.

Originally posted by ButtonPuncher:

Originally posted by unisys12:
Basically, it looks just like a compression tester with a nozzle that screws in the case of the tranny and a long tube that runs up to a measuring device. Might even been the same thing, but I have not actually seen one in person. Do a search on Summit or JEG's website, I think they have what I am talking about. You will also need to monitor the seperate shift circuits pressures as well.

Couldn't you just use an oil pressure guage? That's what I was planning on using. (I want to be able to monitor it for my upcoming my turbo upgrade.) Something with a memory to record peaks.

Yeah, I'm betting it is the samething. Basically something that is able to measure fluid within a wide range of pressure.

And what does "TV" stand for? Hell... I don't know, but I will find out!

Alright... here's a link to an article about the AOD tranny, but covers TV pressure and what it is.

Phillip Jackson `98 Mystique LS 262K+ and counting... ATX rebuilt @ 151K "This storm has broken me, my only friend!" RIP Dime
#1498211 02/10/06 04:42 AM
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
I stumbled across what TV stands for today too. Throttle Valve. It is an old reference when cars used to regulate the transmission pressure with a rod from the throttle. It's funny how that old stuff sticks.

BTW, ohhh sooo close to 1000 posts.

BP

Ben ---'96 Contour GL * Zetec ATX * Tan on Black steelies--- +++JRSC M62 Under Construction+++ My big-a$$ mod list.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard