Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by WA2FAST:
and they bassicaly said yeah, we can identify the addresses and offsets of the memory locations on any EEC, but there isn't any real demand for a non SVT EEC so they weren't willing to spend the time.

Like Mike did most of the indentifying for the XGT1 code any way. The bulk of it came from me tearing apart my superchips code and manually checking it out in real world datalogging. This includes the extra rev limiter coding for the 00+ PCMs. Something he quickly transfered over to the Mustang crowd.
For the money a basic TwEECer is impossible to beat for the tuning ability. (the R/T part doesn't work on our code so get Alex's OBD-II setup) However the software is cryptic and the learning curve is steep. If you can swing it the Pro racer Xcal multi-position chip (NOT the single program flasher!) is probably worth the extra few hundred bucks. It's ease of use is much lower.
However you still need to know how to tune for either unit. Having the equipment alone means nothing without proper skill in both the equipment and with the platform.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
W
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
W
Mark, I am not going to argue with you... go to fordcontour.org, look at his dyno sheets WITH the AFR... it is BEAUTIFUL. You have to understand, ANY calibration from the factory is extremely conservative, which means safe timing, and safe fuel. The stock SE tune runs unbelievably rich from 5k and on... damn near fouling the plugs rich... 10 to 1 and beyond. With the SVT EEC coupled with the #17 injectors, it runs at a very safe 13 to 1 at WOT from 2500 to 7000. That is perfectly safe... that also means that the SVT with #19 injectors probably runs about 18% richer.

The reason I am getting a XGT1 is because I ALREADY HAVE the TwEECer... Why would I go out and buy a different tuning system? I am hardly spending ANY money, and there is no way you can say this is a "hack way" of doing anything... I am simply getting an EEC that I can tune with... weather it comes from a SVT Contour or a Ford pickup... I can manipulate whatever I want with it and make it work with my car as long as I can get into the EEC with my TwEECer... that way I don't have to spend unnecessary money on another tuning system.

Demon, I completely agree. I realize that the RT version does nothing for the XGT1, that's not why I bought it anyway. I have been tuning Mustangs for years now with it and yes, you can write a program and then burn BIN files onto separate chips using other software/hardware with the programs you generate using the TwEECer. I just happen to be a Contour enthusiast and figured, what the hell... I have the stuff to do it, might as well take advantage of it and have fun with my daily driver. That is the thought pattern.

I am not looking to get in arguments, I am not looking to prove anyone wrong... I simply know it can be done because I HAVE run my car with my friends XGT2 EEC. I thought that I would be able to use this one... guess I was wrong, it is slightly different. I will get my hands on the XGT1 or 2 and let you guys know how it goes.

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Originally posted by BrApple:
Originally posted by BrApple:
Maybe I'm reading this wrong, or don't have enough info, but did you swap PCM's, so you could use the twEECer? Why not just use the SCT Pro Racer Package? Sorry if I'm way off here.

Mark

sounds like what I want to do, put a SVT PCM into my SE but for that to happen the keys need to be programmed so that it can be used, so the dealer needs to do it or you need the keys from the car the pcm comes from

I guess I'm not seeing the advantage of this. The only advantage I can see, is if you're leaving the SVT PCM completely stock. Even then, that's a hack way of tuning. If you want an aggressive tune, do it right and buy the Xcal2 and/or Pro Racer Package. You have access to all of the same perameters on the SE PCM as you do with the SVT PCM.

Mark

well I am looking at it two fold, after seeing Dom's gains with the SVT PCM over the SE one that has me interested, seems the program is better. Two I have a complete LIM/UIM/TB I am goign to bolt on, with the PCM I will not have to tune for those items and I can later on get a Xcal2 say when I get headers if and when that will be

Just seems like a lot of unnecessary money going into it. How much is the dealer going to charge you to program your keys? How much are you picking up the SVT PCM for? For well under $400, you could have an Xcal2 tune with 3 programs, that will run an optimum A/F and timing advance, without having to program your keys. The SVT PCM is always going to run rich, unless you try and fool it with SE 17# injectors, which again, is a hackjob of a tune. There's no question that the SVT PCM is more aggressive, but it still needs a lot of work to be optimum.

Mark

how much will the dealer charge, I don't know I never found out. I see PCMs on car-parts.com starting at $50 and going to about $150. Part of my goal is to find a PCM with the two programmed keys so I can program my own so I will not have to go to the dealer.

I just figured this would be a better starting point to tune from then the SE PCM and since I will gain some power with it also ... I don't plan to do this unless I can get some keys with the PCM and can get it for about $100 or less, so that doesn't seem like a waste to me

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
W
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
W
The dealership is charging me $40+tax to code the EEC with my keys. If anyone is interested in the 2 Computers that I have tried that won't work in my car because they are the wrong type... meant to be used in a car that has PATS in an external module... they are both up for sale on ebay.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard