Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#1496545 02/07/06 09:24 PM
D
I feel Guilty, Oh so guilty
D
Originally posted by Davo:
The true Patriots fans aren't the ones that think Tom Brady single-handedly wins Super Bowls. It's some of the guys from Michigan who feel it necessary to jock him because he played for the Wolverines.

Right...

"If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit" -Mitch Hedberg
#1496546 02/07/06 09:59 PM
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by foldthecorners:

I read something up there about the refs and their role in the game? The Steelers overcame a few bad calls in the Colts' game and were STILL able to win the game. That's what good teams do.. When something on the field doesn't go their way, they should still be able suck it up, keep their composure and try to make a big play to make up for it. Besides that, Everything that I saw the refs call, I saw happen on the field.

You are as blind as they are. It was not a few calls, it was MANY calls including ball calls on the Rothlisburger TD, the two TDs that Darrell Jackson should have had and so on.

That is a 21 point difference in points. Not to mention the non-hold our O-lineman was called for that brought back a reception on the Stealer's 1, Matt hasselbeck being called for an ILLEGAL BLOCK when he was MAKING A TACKLE, and the list goes on and on.

The Steelers are not Superbowl champs.

2000 Contour SE Sport Originator of the Beowulf Headlight Mod and the Beowulf CAI
#1496547 02/07/06 10:03 PM
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Beowulf:

i know of a trophey that says otherwise

~Andrew

2001 VW Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 20 valves of fury
#1496548 02/07/06 10:04 PM
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M

You are as blind as they are. It was not a few calls, it was MANY calls including ball calls on the Rothlisburger TD, the two TDs that Darrell Jackson should have had and so on.

That is a 21 point difference in points. Not to mention the non-hold our O-lineman was called for that brought back a reception on the Stealer's 1, Matt hasselbeck being called for an ILLEGAL BLOCK when he was MAKING A TACKLE, and the list goes on and on.

wahhhhh.

btw, it's not a 21 point difference in points. they did score field goals right?

and you think jackson wasn't pushing off?

btw, your coach is a real class act.

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
#1496549 02/07/06 10:08 PM
D
D

I read something up there about the refs and their role in the game? The Steelers overcame a few bad calls in the Colts' game and were STILL able to win the game. That's what good teams do.. When something on the field doesn't go their way, they should still be able suck it up, keep their composure and try to make a big play to make up for it. Besides that, Everything that I saw the refs call, I saw happen on the field.

Unfortunately for Seattle fans, they absolutely are. The push off on D. Jackson was the right call based on watching it at game speed. The replay showed that it was not a forceful pushoff, but at full speed after watching a few more replays, I don't have a particular problem with it. It's purely a judgement call and a good acting job by the Steelers defensive back. I have no problem with this one.

The holding call was not a good call, but whenever an o-lineman gets his hands up above the shoulder, it WILL get called as holding. He knew better.

With the other D. Jackson potential TD, are you referring to the one on the sideline that he was called out of bounds on? If so, what was your beef? I was very curious about one aspect of that play, but found some clarity in the rules that made it obvious it wasn't a TD.

The odd blocking/tackling call on the INT return is beyond me.

The Stevens incomplete pass call was perhaps the worst of the game. Who's to say they wouldn't have recovered that fumble and scored a TD had it been properly called?

Seattle's lack of clock management skills was their downfall regardless of what calls the received.

Like I said, I didn't have muhc of a rooting interest either way and found some of the calls very odd, but Seattle screwed up enough things to not blame an official.

"If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit" -Mitch Hedberg
#1496550 02/07/06 10:32 PM
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Matt hasselbeck being called for an ILLEGAL BLOCK when he was MAKING A TACKLE

At least he MADE the tackle! Where was Hasselbeck when Willie Parker torched the Seachokes for 75 yards?

-- 1999 SVT #220 -- In retrospect, it was all downhill from here. RIP, CEG.
#1496551 02/07/06 10:52 PM
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by bigMoneyRacing:
Matt hasselbeck being called for an ILLEGAL BLOCK when he was MAKING A TACKLE

At least he MADE the tackle! Where was Hasselbeck when Willie Parker torched the Seachokes for 75 yards?

Hasselbeck doesnt play defense. he was on the sideline wishing he could have made an illegal block.

2000 Contour SE Sport Originator of the Beowulf Headlight Mod and the Beowulf CAI
#1496552 02/07/06 11:56 PM
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J

[henrietta pussycat voice] Meow Meow Steelers not the meow meow champs. [/henrietta pussycat voice]

Dude...pass the pipe. Catch some balls instead of dropping them...keep your feet in bounds and maybe, just maybe your team will win one sometime.

And it was one touchdown with a push off, not two. Read the rules of football and we can debate it. Last time I checked, both feet need to be in bounds.

Joey 2006 MazdaSpeed 6 Black Cherry 2004 Jeep Renegade Black ------------------------------- 2000 SVT Black #1811 of 2150 Dad always thought laughter was the best medicine, which I guess is why several of us died of tuberculosis.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard