I ran the Mintex A/F pads on the front and liked them. Didnt track the car but for repeated street use they were great, even when I had a bit too much fun on the mountain road near my home. Dusting was meh, but I was quite happy with them. They did seem to have a slight warmup when it was cold and the rotors had time to cool completely (freeway). I would have ran them again had I not found a set of Redstuffs for $25/delivered. These did have a good life, two years and about 35000 miles.

The Redstuffs seem more like a stock pad. Havent tried to really heat them up and probably never will with the car going up for sale. Supposedly they are able to handle very high temps. Dusting seems good but I cant quite judge that well with the E0s being painted dark, metallic gray. These pads didnt seem to have the same bite as the Mintex pads.

The car these were on was a `96 with rear discs and ATE Super Blue brake fluid. Rotors were replaced with the Mintex pads and turned for the EBCs. Brake fluid was flushed about six months before the Mintex install.

I do need to watch this thread as the Cougar needs pads. I am contemplating the Yellowstuffs (FSVT calipers) since the car will be more of a limited use weekend car.

· Jon Miconi · Coming Soon! · 01 Cougar · 98 V70R