Goonz, If You Are Talking About One Of The Hard Vacuum Lines That Goes Into The Upper Intake. You Can No Longer Buy Those Individually Through Ford...Without Buying The UIM Assembly!!!! AAARRGGHH!!! I Ran Into That Problem After Cleaning My Manifolds. I Went To The Junkyard And Pulled The Hard Line. Paid like Five Bucks.

My Car Wouldn't Start Due To That Leak. But I Also Have Another Theory About The No Start Problem People Sometimes Have. I've Noticed That When Our Cars Are Shut Off For Maintenance Reasons For A Good Amount Of Time That They Will Crank But Not Start Right Away. I Believe This Is Due To The Hydraulic Lifters Leaking Down And Oil Pressure Is Not Readily Available To Pump Up The Lifters. No Lifters=No Valve Opening=No Start. This Has Been Most Noticeable When The Cars Are On Jackstands On The Front Of The Vehicle. Sorry To Go Off On A Tangent, But Thought It May Be Relevant In Some Of These No Start Cases. If You Believe This May Be Your Culprit Some Time, Pull your Fuel Pump Fuse And Crank For A Bit To Build Oil Pressure.

The Rough Idle Could Be Either The Plug Wires Crossed Or Even The Vacuum Line Leaking!!! But With The Glowing Header, I've Got To Go With Ray And Say The Plug Wires Are Crossed Somewhere.

Last edited by Pale Horse; 02/05/06 08:09 PM.

CSVT E0 3L 14.5 @ 94mph, Stock Intake, Stock Exhaust minus Resonator, CEL, And Broken Pass. Side CV...Untuned.