Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
From the flip chips I've seen, you can run a toggle switch, to where you just flip it to the program you want, and it's instant.
The benefits of being able to flip the chip on the fly, didn't outweigh the options of the Xcal2, and I know that I can drive around on my nitrous tune all day, and spray when I want. It's no big deal to pull over, shut the car off, and switch my program to nitrous, if that's what I want to do. I usually know when I'm going to need the juice.

Mark

True, and you still have to shut the car off to flip the tune on the chip IIRC. I think it will screw [censored] up if you flip it in the middle of accessing data.

Like I was saying earlier, the stock code is more than able to pull timing in the event that low octane fuel is used.
So except for a nitrous tune or a serious high boost engine like 14psi+ tunes on 10:1 motor, I can't see the need for a second tune.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black