Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by SVTmania:
"instrument cluster panel lens and cover assembly" Then The last two is with the key to the 'on' position while the dash is doing it's selftest.

No, no, no, I meant take out the lens and cover assembly so that all you see is the bulbs. To determine if the lens cover is different and not for the instrument cluster. That will show where certain bulbs are lighting up when it is on the "on position" and when the engine is running (if the CEL light is lighted up or the airbag light is lighted up). A bulb could be lighted up and you would not be able to see it if the lens and cover assembly (with its spaces for the idiot lights) are not aligned for the instrument cluster.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Tony2005:
Originally posted by SVTmania:
"instrument cluster panel lens and cover assembly" Then The last two is with the key to the 'on' position while the dash is doing it's selftest.

No, no, no, I meant take out the lens and cover assembly so that all you see is the bulbs. To determine if the lens cover is different and not for the instrument cluster. That will show where certain bulbs are lighting up when it is on the "on position" and when the engine is running (if the CEL light is lighted up or the airbag light is lighted up). A bulb could be lighted up and you would not be able to see it if the lens and cover assembly (with its spaces for the idiot lights) are not aligned for the instrument cluster.

I see what you are saying. I know for a fact the circuit board on the back is also different because the airbag light uses a LED and a different socket size. The only place the LED will go is the position all the way to the left where the airbag symbol is. But it doesn't work either. I will have to investigate your suggestion.

'99 SVT Contour Tropic Green Stock
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by pole120:
I wonder if it could be a Mondeo instrument panel cluster.

If it was it would be in KPH and wouldn't have SVT on the tach.

UK Mondeos have MPH speedos, Euro-spec Mondeos have KPH speedos.
ST200 cluster(UK):

Martin My Profile 2000 Contour SE V6 ATX 170K miles Hecho en Mexico Steel blue w/greystone interior 1997 Volvo 850 Wagon 146K
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Martin:
Originally posted by pole120:
I wonder if it could be a Mondeo instrument panel cluster.

If it was it would be in KPH and wouldn't have SVT on the tach.

UK Mondeos have MPH speedos, Euro-spec Mondeos have KPH speedos.
ST200 cluster(UK):

[image]removed[/image]

Thanks for the pic! You verified something I've been trying to find out... Which was if the UK ST200s read to 150 (like a normal Mondeo) or 160 (like the SVT)... yay.

Also notice the brake/handbrake light is missing the word BRAKE?

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard