Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by 99contourdriver:
I chose suspension because imo (and this is ONLY my opinion) Contours were meant to take corners, so upgrading the suspension would benefit the car more.

You could, by that logic, also argue that handling was already strong from the factory, while the engine was the weak spot (esp low-end torque).

Still, I voted the same as you.

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
I voted suspension also. That way I wouldn't have to upgrade other stuff to handle the mods.

With performance stuff like a 3L or turbo, you have to mod the tranny to handle the power, for the audio, you might need to get a 200 amp alternator & beefier electrical supply lines, etc., etc.,

My car right now has a BAT kit on it, & only an intake thus far. I'm likin' it...

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
I'll go with suspension because in reality it includes wheels. Nothing changes the car better and gives you pride of ownership than making the beast better, and usually the ride height and wheels are the first/best things to do. Go fast is fun but it needs control, so first things first. Personally I put brakes in this area too......You guys go ahead and make them fast via the engine, but at the end of the day, we'll see who reaches the horizon first, fastest. And in real terms the horizon's a lot further than a 1/4 mile away......

Dezert Focus Member and Fan of all Euro-Fords. Once driven to the Darkside, there's no turning back.
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
humm.......
I just got my 97 SE....

So i would go with just aesthetics...get a dark tint for the windows and covers for the seats...

1997 Ford Contour SE Car's D.O.B. 2-15-1997 from Ford-KC Plant Black Lighting http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2389976
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard