Originally posted by Oscar Nominated Ray:
I, for one, think that its commendable.

How many people do you see stepping up the the plate to invest the time to write out ANYTHING, except "where do i find the gaskets", and the like?

I could care less about anything else.. He wrote it with a good heart.. with the intention of helping his fellow enthusiasts... and not with the intention of being belittled because it wasn't done the way the READERS are wanting it. I don't see those readers writing this up, or even investing the energy to make it fit "THEIR" guidlines.. All I see is a bunch of whining.

So much for family oriented "enthusiasts"...

Ray, I think you are really short-changing the contributions of everyday posters to this site. Tons of people post suggestions and offer assistance in nearly every thread with nary a thank-you, yet someone writes a how-to and suddenly they're a god?

I most certainly take exception to the "good heart" cop out, that is complete BS. What if someone wrote a how-to that included bad part numbers, misses some critical steps, or is written in such a way to cause confusion? We don't give *them* a free pass. How about I post a how-to in French, would that be as helpful? Of course not!

"It wasn't done the way the READERS are wanting it"
Well WTF is the point? Helping the READER is the GD purpose of a how-to!!!!!

-- 1999 SVT #220 -- In retrospect, it was all downhill from here. RIP, CEG.