They were leaking. Moisture kept on getting trapped inside and it looked like crap.

Nothing really to cool to do with those cars. I know of one guy that installed projectors and put HID light in his car. Looked a little wierd but definately stylish and different. The only real straight forward and easy mod is the 'fish bowl' mod. Where you remove the inner (pointless) empty headlight pieces and drill holes in the back of them and install running/parking lights. Makes them appear to be more like the Mustang style headlights. Looks pretty cool and doesn't really cost a whole lot either.

SHO's are fast cars, but have many many problems from my experiance. They have all of the little annoying issues just like the Contour's. The major one is the damn EGR system. The down pipes to the rear exhaust manifold is worthless. The often get holes in them and you can't replace it from the dealerships as Ford no longer makes parts for those cars. Good luck finding it in a junkyard as well. Best sources for any parts is www.shotimes.com or www.shoforum.com or me. I still have a lot of spare parts laying around from my 94 ATX.

-Mike 98 Contour SVT Toreador Red #49 of 6535 Built on 3/25/97 WR Headers, Borla Cat-Back, Torsen T2 LSD, K&N Short Ram, S-AFC and Focus Shift Tower 85 Camaro 1969 358ci, 97 TA interior, 91 Z28 GrdEfx and Aero Wing 255rwhp