Pete nice job on the write-up I could not have done a better job . I would recommend Black High Temp Silicone RTV for sealing the lenses back up. If put on right it will never leak. I've tried other sealants with no success.

As far as heating up the headlights I can't help, but point out I told you so.

People please do not ever doubt me again or try to give me $hit. I know what I'm talking about probably 90% of the time I decide to post something. Why? Because chances are I actually went through what I'm talking about.

So please refrain from posting crap like...

Originally posted by ANONYMOUS GENIUS:
Really? What color was the goo that held the headlights together? What year vehicle was this? Where you the original owner of this car? Do the lenses day "FORD" or "TYE" on them (at the bottom edge)

Unless ford changed suppliers for the headlights, the ones that came with EVERY Contour that I have touched DO NOT WORK WITH HEATING. The lens will melt before the glue will give way.

You aren't seriously questioning me and my skills, are you? Maybe I should just go right to the souce of the "Hightower Headlight Mod"...

Oh snap! That's me!!!

However feel free to comment negatively in a appropriate manner. I like constructive criticism. It tends to resolve things a lot quicker then mud flinging.

-Mike 98 Contour SVT Toreador Red #49 of 6535 Built on 3/25/97 WR Headers, Borla Cat-Back, Torsen T2 LSD, K&N Short Ram, S-AFC and Focus Shift Tower 85 Camaro 1969 358ci, 97 TA interior, 91 Z28 GrdEfx and Aero Wing 255rwhp