Originally posted by CLASSVT:
I think it's a common misconception, around this forum, that you don't need to upgrade brakes unless you're tracking your car frequently. I have never taken my car to the track, but there has been many times that having upgraded brakes has come in handy. Who here doesn't drive "agressively" and need to stop quickly from time to time. Not that my brakes are way better than anybody else's, but I like them a lot more than I did the stock brakes. The sticky thread about slotted rotors states arguments from people who like and dislike them. I certainly don't think anybody would get flamed for saying they might get slotted rotors, as if it's an open-shut argument. My powerslots are fantastic, and have shown great wear without extra wear on my pads. They also give great perfomance in wet weather, where regular rotors may lack. I had Stazi's brakes for a while, and they were fine. But I think if you make your car faster with mods, you should make your car able to stop faster as well. Makes perfect sense to me.

I agree, there is nothing wrong with upgrading brakes. I think brakes are overlooked by many car modders. I personally think brakes should be upgraded no matter what.

"Do what you like, Because you have to drive it!"-Me 99 Contour LX 95 Mustang GT Convertible 97 Z24 Cavalier