Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Also the remote fuel door release was decontented between '96 & '97.
I think there are mixed feelings on wheather this was good or not.

My Cars 1999 Silver Frost SVT - 80,000km #2603/2760 Aug. 10, 1999. 1996 Mercury Mystique LS V6 MTX - retired @ 323,151km. 1995 Ford Contour V6 MTX-sold @ 214,000km
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by BrApple:
the word from teh SVT quest speaker at SZ04 was that they would have gone to a 3L engine in the SVT if Ford hadn't discontinued the car

i read that ford was even originally gonna go with a 3L but it wasnt offered on the regular contours so they would have had to crash test the svt models and it was going to be cost effective, especially like brapple said...the car was not going to be around much longer

'OO CSVT #1586 Silver Frost
R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
Originally posted by RespectTheContour:

i read that ford was even originally gonna go with a 3L but it wasnt offered on the regular contours so they would have had to crash test the svt models and it was going to be cost effective, especially like brapple said...the car was not going to be around much longer

Completely wrong, the Contour would not have required re-running crash certification to use the 3L. You are probably thinking of the statements made about putting the 2.5L into the Focus.

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net
H
Scourge of the Master Debaters
H
I also remember reading an interview (linked from this forum) with OJ Coletti after he left SVT, and he was asked what he regretted not getting around to. One of the things he mentioned was putting FI into the Contour, though I remember the word "turbo". I'm not sure if that was actually the plan at SVT or just Coletti's wishful thinking.

Beer is my Gatorade. Hooray Beer. '98 "Sport" Pacific Green '98 E0 SVT Silver Frost Pictures
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
I recall that post, too. And yes, the thread talked about a turbo IIRC.
Scott

Scott Mabe I WILL be Phil. 1999 Contour SVT, Tropic Green BAT kit, K&N RU-3530+MAF, Magnecore 8.5mm, some audio goodies, Hightowers, Knauberized, tatoo by Parkedcar.
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
I have the article in which he states. That he was hoping to work our platform a bit more in the future. But ford just pulled the plug all of a sudden. He then went on saying he wanted to make the CSVT to be more like the M3 type. With hopes of a turbo'd version!!

Last edited by Arhethia; 01/30/06 07:43 PM.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by Rara:

Completely wrong, the Contour would not have required re-running crash certification to use the 3L. You are probably thinking of the statements made about putting the 2.5L into the Focus.

why dont you pick up "Powered by SVT" and read it, that was my reference, or do you work for ford?

H
H
why dont you pick up "Powered by SVT" and read it, that was my reference, or do you work for ford?

LOL! Work there? I've been told he lives there. What else do you think engineers from Westland, MI do?

Last edited by hetfield; 01/31/06 06:37 PM.

Beer is my Gatorade. Hooray Beer. '98 "Sport" Pacific Green '98 E0 SVT Silver Frost Pictures
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by hetfield:
What else do you think engineers from Westland, MI do?

Uhh... not work for Ford?

I dunno, that's all I've got on that!

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by hetfield:

LOL! Work there? I've been told he lives there. What else do you think engineers from Westland, MI do?

they call me a liar! haha, thats what they do there

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard