Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
If the svt came with a supercharger, it would have been faster than the ford mustang, which would have been a big no no.

Jim Hahn 1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit 364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Kokorebellion:
Originally posted by brandonsvt99:
long post deleted

Ummm.... Hood?

I wonder if a cowl hood would look good? Probly not...

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Big Daddy Kane:
Originally posted by Kokorebellion:
Originally posted by brandonsvt99:
long post deleted

Ummm.... Hood?

I wonder if a cowl hood would look good? Probly not...

I dunno, if done right, might look pretty cool.
And yes the CSVT S/C would be faster then a Mustang GT that would definatly be "bad".
A 3 liter in a CSVT would be cool too, I wish they kept the Contour longer.
I do like the new Mondeos, they resemble the Focus, but I think the Mondeo looks better then a Focus as the Mondeo looked better then Contours. Why do the oversea's people get better stuff then we do.

Jason G. 1997 Mercury Mystique GS ZETEC ATX Born: 11/96
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
I remembers another decontented item. The underhood light. The 97 was the last year with it. I would have liked to recontent that with a factory wone, but it looks like you would have to pull a fender to mount the switch.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Mystique97:
I do like the new Mondeos, they resemble the Focus, but I think the Mondeo looks better then a Focus as the Mondeo looked better then Contours. Why do the oversea's people get better stuff then we do.

Well... From what I've seen, there's 4 cars that look similar.

The Mondeo/Focus/C-Max/Galaxy

Check this out. Doesn't show the new body Focus/C-Max, though.

Galaxy:

Everyone's seen a Mk3 Mondeo, so here's a Czech police car:

Focus C-Max (sort of a crossover thing):

Euro Focus:

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Big Jim:
I remembers another decontented item. The underhood light. The 97 was the last year with it. I would have liked to recontent that with a factory wone, but it looks like you would have to pull a fender to mount the switch.

I can tell you what was decontented in pre98 models.
Underhood light last year was 96 (I dont't have one I got a early 97 model)
Lock and light for glove box (don't have either)
The light ring for the lock on the outside of car (someone mentioned 95's only had them)
97 I believe was the last for the door lamps on the corner bottom, someone correct me if I'm wrong on this.
Thats all I can think of right now.

Jason G. 1997 Mercury Mystique GS ZETEC ATX Born: 11/96
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Mystique97:
Underhood light last year was 96 (I dont't have one I got a early 97 model)

97 I believe was the last for the door lamps on the corner bottom, someone correct me if I'm wrong on this.
Thats all I can think of right now.

Forgot about the underhood light... my 96 didn't have it, while the friend's 95 did.

I don't think any Contours had the lights on the doors, so must be a Mystique thing.

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
you could get the inner door handle lights to..my 96se has them..what about tc? was that on post98's? the door lights,mystique only,same with the extra "glove box" down below the steering wheel..i tried to put that in my svt dash...could work with a little moding..might still try it this spring....iirc reading through old brochures they said the sound deadning was better in the post98's?? ..i know the body rusts faster on the post98's,esp on the bottom of the doors

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:
If the svt came with a supercharger, it would have been faster than the ford mustang, which would have been a big no no.

i think the reliability issues made more difference. So it would be faster than a standard GT, it wouldn't beat a cobra.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
I had a one-on-one talk with an SVT employee back in early '01 , and was told by him , that when they set out to make the SVT Contour it was already rumored to be a short-lived car . He said that they did what they could , with what they had available to them (and did a FINE job , if you ask me ) . Why would they do TOO much to it (especially towards the end of the run) when the car was a gonner ? He did , however , say that they were all pretty enthused with the Contour & thought it was a great candidate for a "hot-up" , and were sorry to see it go .

~~~~~~~ Phil Black & Tan 2000 SVT Contour #2137 of 2150 35,000 miles & counting !
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard