Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoââ??¢:
Glad to see these results. Don't sell the car until you have done another dyno run with a better Boost controller and 12 psi.

We'll see. The person who buys it may want to have some room to improve don't you think? I think it would be almost boring to buy a car I couldn't do anything with.

I didn't really want to spend a really long time on the dyno yesterday, only an hour on including setup time with five runs.
If I had more time, I'd have fixed that controller to see what was really happening. I could do it later, but you know, I'm more than confident about the power level and I pretty much feel that the stock block is 400 wHP capable with carefull inspection of internals during buildup. You know, I took lots of measurements and the tolerances on the pistons in the bores, the rod journals, all of it was really tight. Ford seems to have pretty damned good quality control when it comes to their engines (Normally) So with good measurements, good rod bearings, carefull tuning and quality controllers (i.e. not my ball and spring controller) you can have a very respectable car and not be concerned about blowing your motor.

This also eliminates all the grief associated with Block Honing for forged pistons and ring sealing, Saving you Dollars and down time.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black