Originally posted by Blackcoog:
So what is the real difference between using a T28 kit vs a T3/T4 kit?

I was talking to ADC and using the T28 kit with 42lb injectors and a 255 walbro pump has netted them 320fwhp.

I see that Tom with his budget build T3/T4 setup netted 350fwhp. Granted he said he needs to do some more tuning.

Then there is DanG who has the T3/T4 setup with 314fwhp posted in NECO's 3L section.

What is the point in going with the 3L kit over the 2.5L kit? I don't see much of a differenct between Dan's numbers and the T28 kit ADC used on a 3L. Is it worth the $500 upgrade if someone had to choose between the two?

I know there are much more factors involved such as dyno types, suppporting mods, temp and humidity that day but in all honesty I would have assumed the T28 kit would crap out at say 260-280hp max.

Chris

Ummm there is a HUGE difference. That 320 would be at the max end of what you can get out of it, probably had umpteen runs to get everything just right and maybe high octane gas. The standard T28 is just out of its league when you start breaking into that range. Also, what pressure did it make that at? Was that on a 3L or 2.5L?

I'm here to tell you that just looking at torque curves, a mildly blown 3L just performs so much better than a fully blown 2.5L too. But whatever.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black