Originally posted by Pepse:
Well it looks like Amsoil will be off my list, too expensive. It is talked about alot here in northwestern Wisc.. I didn't know it was alot more than Mobil1. Shell Rotella T in 5W40? Seriously I have never seen it in anything less that 15W40. Around here it is mainly sold for heavy trucks and Semis. Then, too, maybe I only notice it at the wrong time of year.

Car 2.8L V-6 wasn't as strong as the 2.6L; smog regs weakend it. Truck 2.8L is very good tho.

And lastly, this site is very helpful to me, as always. I have a good idea of what I will need to do to keep the Mystique going.

Later. Pepse.

A lot more then Mobil One??!?! Where are you looking at? I can get the stuff in quart bottles for $5.50(ish) and Mobil 1 for a little less then $5. Only a MAX difference of $5 per change, and the Amsoil goes 25K miles where as Mobil 1 is 10-15K. I use Mobil 1 (and the car has almost always had it in it) and it still runs great at 170K. Amsoil is made in Superior if you didn't know and that is why it is cheaper here then most places...and it should be the same for you.

95 SE MTX svt exhaust intake deer killer