OK Jim, you say Valvo and Pennz are not as good as Mobil 1. Could you elaborate as to why you think that? Altho there ain't nothing on sale around here that I am aware of the cheapest price I seen for synthetic is $4.48 a qt for "Q" (AKA Quaker State) and $4.52 for Pennzoil. Mobil 1 is $4.99.

One thing I don't quite unnerstand is it was stated that with synthetic I could use 0W40. HMMMM, that makes me wonder about what is synthetic really. I mean with regular oil I should (and do) use 5W30, but with sythetic I can use 0W40; meaning that since sythetic is artificial it is OK to go higher (40W), than to stay at 30W. Interesting.

Elraido states it could be my injectors; so that adds another log on the fire as to what might be wrong. For now I am going to NOT make any rash judgments until I change the oil and see if anything else makes noise.

I decided to wait until Friday or Saturday to get oil. In this way I think I will have a good answer as to what to purchase.

Later Pepse.

'95 Mystique LS Young America, Moonlight Blue, V-6 ATX, LOADED. REMEMBER: Always fasten your seatbelt as it makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car.