I usually use Havoline 5W30. And I always use Motorcraft filters. I never have been real picky about what brand of regular oil I use; to me "motor oil is motor oil". Altho if I go synth I am not sure what I'll get. I know, most people will say Mobil 1, but that's obvious, since its been around the longest and so on. But I gotta justify in my budget that spending $30+ dollars every 3000 miles is cost effective. It also appears that since regular oil is not that far away, specs-wise, then blended would be a waste of money. And as for using 1 qt of Lucas and 5 qts of regular oil that doesn't sound like it'll cure anything. And with these opinions it sounds like it would be OK to go to synth even tho it is POSSIBLE that my car had synth before I bought it. I gotta head for work but I'll check back in about 12 hours and see what transpires. This way I should have a good opinion of what to get Wednesday when I go to the city; I live in a rather small town.

As for the link to bobtheoilguy, I looked at that awhile ago and decided that I don't want to join a website for many many opinions on what oil to get. I would rather settle for a few good opinions here .

Later, Pepse.

'95 Mystique LS Young America, Moonlight Blue, V-6 ATX, LOADED. REMEMBER: Always fasten your seatbelt as it makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car.