Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
That sensation is best described as a pulsation or vibration through the brake pedal, steering column, and the vehicle's body while braking. The frequency of the pulsation is proportional to the vehicle speed.

It is due to warped rotors or drums.

Just had the front rotors turned on my wife's car about two weeks ago. Same problem. Seems mine warp after avery trip to Firestone for rotate and balance..... and these are cryo-treated rotors. $120 each and have been turned twice. Next time, I'll just buy the $40 ones and keep the car away from the impact wrenches the Firestone monkeys use.

Stev e

98 Contour SE Sport 2.5 Duratec ATX The wifey's car 89 Taurus SHO - 246K miles 94 SHO ATX - 190K 1997 F-150 5.4L ATX - The Workhorse 150K. ANY THREAD WITH "OMG" or "WTF" ETC IN THE TITLE WILL BE IGNORED!
M
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
M
Got the new tire this morning, then took it over to a shop to have them check out the brakes. They did a very thorough job (took about 45 minutes) and couldn't find a thing wrong. They also checked out all the joints / suspension / etc and said everything was really tight.

Said the pulse (he felt it too on his test drive) was so little that it wouldn't be worth it to do rotors right now.

The battery light came on while he test drove so he checked the voltage (without knowing I had already had that looked at) and said the same thing. Weak battery, altrenator is fine. I will be doing that and getting a new horn and new door pinswitch tonight.

'98 Silver Mystake 2.0 133k miles.
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by projectSHO89:
... keep the car away from the impact wrenches the Firestone monkeys use.

Smartest post of the thread.

An impact wrench has not touched my cars in YEARS for that very reason. I always request hand tightening when buying tires, or having repairs made. When possible, I WATCH to make sure they do not use an impact wrench on my lugs. Nearly got into a brawl with some stupid grease monkey when he put an impact wrench to the BBS wheels on my BMW.

Recently, I had a tire repair done for my mother-in-laws car and requested tightening. The guy never reached for the impact wrench. I tipped him $10 for a $15 repair. It's that important.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
M
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
M
Hmm. Well, I got a new battery, but I still got the same ol' battery light. Ideas?

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Alternator or its wiring have intermittent "issues". Also, check the belt, first. Make sure the tension is good. If the battery light comes on at higher rpm, might be floating brushes in the alternator.

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
A couple of days ago, I strongly suggested you put a meter across the battery. Seems you haven't done that yet...

Your problem is likely either a blown mega-fuse or a faulty alternator.

Steve

98 Contour SE Sport 2.5 Duratec ATX The wifey's car 89 Taurus SHO - 246K miles 94 SHO ATX - 190K 1997 F-150 5.4L ATX - The Workhorse 150K. ANY THREAD WITH "OMG" or "WTF" ETC IN THE TITLE WILL BE IGNORED!
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
I can toss one of those out the window..

His light goes on and off... highly unlikely its a blown fuse by any means.

But, yes, I agree.. The meter needs to be done, as suggested by myself as well.

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
I've just breezed through this but I wonder if he's done a major inspection of the wiring. I know the 99M03 recall won't apply since he's got a 98, but I also know that there have been a few cases of 98s having the crappy pre-98 wiring harnesses, and if he's got bare wiring here and there, it could explain a lot of things.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
M
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
M
Hey Project,

I have readings, I just can't remember if the bat light was on during the tests. The next step is to get readings while I know the bat light is on for sure as suggested by Ray.

I will also check all the wiring and connections.

I started a new thread here w/ readings: http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=trouble&Number=1155284&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=7&fpart=1

This thread was at the bottom of the page and a bunch of other problems were being discussed here so I didn't think people were going to respond to it anymore when I posted a new one.

Thank you!

D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
by all means...do listen to Ray. He definitely helped me out in a similar situation (and I'm stupid...). Get a voltmeter checked your volt levels...report back and they can further help you. just my 2 cents.

~darp~

Originally posted by PÃ?â?¢WDÃ?â?°Ã?®CÃ?Ë?Ã?Æ?TMÃ?â?¬N:
I can do anything if i can find that powder .

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard