Thanks for the replies, guys.

As far as the battery light, I believe it is not the coolant light. This is red and by memory I think it had a plus and minus.

I may get the CEL #s at autozone on Monday, but Tues. it is being brought to the dealership so I was going to wait to have them just do it there. I don't think I will be charged much, if anything at all, for the initial inspection since it is a friend. My whole point of doing this though is to have some sort of guide to go by and be educated enough to know what they tell me.

Also, forgot to mention that I did this test: here for the central timer module. I am not sure if I did it correctly, but for the input, the test worked up until the safety belt (nothing happened when lifting outside door handle), and for the output, it worked until I pressed defroster switch to turn off the wipers. Again, I have no idea if I did the test right, or if the failure of that part of the test is supposed to tell me something????

Oh, and I also already put in a gas additive to clean the FI.

So my main problem is obviously the "missing / stalling", and I have revised the list to this order:

-needs 2xplatinum plugs, must be factory (motorcraft?)
-plug wires should be checked
-clean/change IAC valve
-change fuel filter
-clean MAF
-o2 sensors could be bad
-fuel pressure should be checked
-fuel injectors may be clogged
-fuel pump could be bad
-vaccum / intake could have leak
-check relays for ignigtion / fuel injection (volts match)
-timing belt / idler pulley should be checked ââ?¬â?? if waterââ?¬â?¢s the problem, will need steel idler pulley. revised FEAD belt, new splash shield kit
-VCT valve could be bad due to dirty oil, get filter w/ flow back gasket.
-could be Differential Pressure Feedback Exhaust Sensor
-check CATs

Should each of those things stay on this list or can any be disregarded? Or should they all be done one by one until it's fixed?

Oh, and I also messed with the rubber switch on the driver's side to try to get the dome light on. Didn't have WD40 on hand, but the manual tinkering didn't do anything.

Thanks again!

Last edited by mynewmystique; 01/22/06 05:28 AM.

'98 Silver Mystake 2.0 133k miles.