Originally posted by pole120:
I already had the suspension ripped out as it's being swapped anyway. Pilled the knucle\axle out whole insted of seperating them for the reasons stated above.

I'm still confused as to where to hook the pas side of the chain ifd someone can give me pointers there.

Josh

Once i get the chanin hooked up i'll snap some pics for refrence since this is in the sticky now

I pull the upper intake manifold first. Then I support the engine and transmission with two jacks or a jackstand. Both roll restrictors must already be off.
Then I pull the engine support mount (right front) by first unbolting the support arm (4 nuts above PS pump).
Next, I remove the mount from the fender frame rail (three bolts)
Then after I remove the the transmission support mount (3 bolts on fender-frame and 3 nuts on trans top) I get a piece of chain that will connect to one of the studs on the engine mount above the PS pulley, and connect the other end to one of the studs on the trans where the old motor mount was that has enough length to provide a little slack for the hook. Of course it has to be big enough links to fit the studs.
These studs are 12mm and won't bend and it allows the engine to be supported about like it was designed, yet still allow you to rock it as necessary on bringing it out of the bay.

The only thing to watch out for is that the chain will pass right next to the fuel rail and touch it. I will put a little flex on it but won't hurt it as long as you insure it doesn't bind.

I've found this is the best what unless you have some professional hoist chain with all the fancy hookups. If you did, you probably wouldn't be asking right?

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black