Originally posted by Thinkmoto:
i made a slide hammer attachment just like the ford tool. One good whack and the axle is out.

And it works SWEET, one hit with the slid hammer and they're out, great piece.

All in all the process of prepping the motor to come out(won't actually pull it till next saturday) took about 7 hrs working by myself and making 2-1/2 hr runs to the part store for tools. all the suggestions worked great, the tool for the fuel lines was definitly a help. I did realize while working that there are some steps on the ford CD that just plain aren't necessary, and some that need some more detail.

When Demon said difficulty was "Medium" he wasn't kidding, not bad at all.

I do have one question remaining, on my car (99) there is only one bracket for a hoist chain, the ford CD shows a tool to use for the 2nd point, but i

a. don't have the tool and
b. can't tell on the pucture where it's even suposed to go

If someone can post pics of the right way to get this thing in the air it would be greatly appreciated. Thaks for the help guys.

Josh

99 SE V6\5spd - 156 HP\157 TQ 15.166-90.84 Totaled 02/12/06 99 SVT # 1571 - 175 HP\153 TQ 14.999-91.88 Born 3/24/99 Reborn 3/18/06 Pietenpol Racing Technologies project vehicle 90 Festiva L 5spd, Blue(not for long), 103k