Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
I hope they bring back the Freestyle once the 3.5L comes around.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by Jeb Hoge:

???

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoĆ¢ā??Ā¢:

???

Ford dropped the Freestyle (aka 500 wagon, sorta) for slow sales, and it was woefully underpowered. I'm pretty sure I heard it surmised that when the new Duratec 35 came out, Ford was at least considering returning the Freestyle to the showrooms with the new engine under the hood. The extra power would in theory make the Freestyle more palatable to buyers.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoĆ¢ā??Ā¢:

???

Ford dropped the Freestyle (aka 500 wagon, sorta) for slow sales, and it was woefully underpowered. I'm pretty sure I heard it surmised that when the new Duratec 35 came out, Ford was at least considering returning the Freestyle to the showrooms with the new engine under the hood. The extra power would in theory make the Freestyle more palatable to buyers.

where did you hear this

My Cars 1999 Silver Frost SVT - 80,000km #2603/2760 Aug. 10, 1999. 1996 Mercury Mystique LS V6 MTX - retired @ 323,151km. 1995 Ford Contour V6 MTX-sold @ 214,000km
K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K

98 Contour GL 4 cyl 131,000 miles - 57,000 w/o a CEL! Get Firefox
N
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
N
Originally posted by TourDeForce:

Crossovers are the interim step to keep on the coat tails of SUV sales. More comfort, handling, better mileage, will bring back the wagons, big & small.

What the hell is a coat tail?

Best mobile phone resource site, especially Sony Ericsson 1996 Buick Riviera Gutted airbox K&N Air filter Modded boost bypass valve
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by platinum_drew:
we used to own a windstar, gave us a million problems. whenever we took it to the dealership to get it fixed, they "couldn't find anything wrong with it."

Are you, uh, me?

I'm not wholly pleased with my current Windstar, but I fail to see how any other US-designed Ford product would be different.

Mmmm. Maybe the Freestyle would be alright, being based on the Volvo platform and all.

Tough to say.

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
Y
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Y
Ford already showed the Edge at NAIAS, so that's essentially the next Freestyle. The Edge has the 3.5L and the new 6-speed tranny, so I can't see why they would then keep the Freestyle around at that point. Surprising to see a model with a 2 year lifecycle. Quite frankly, the Mrs wants a Freestyle to replace her Grand Cherokee when the lease is up next year, and I kind of dig them for their versatility, without being a truck.

Jim H 95 Midnight Blue SE (Sold) 98.5 Silver Frost E1 (Sold) '04 G35 6MT Sedan (Sold) '01 Aurora 4.0
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by ResidentAdvisor:
Originally posted by TourDeForce:

Crossovers are the interim step to keep on the coat tails of SUV sales. More comfort, handling, better mileage, will bring back the wagons, big & small.

What the hell is a coat tail?

It's a term used in political circumstances mostly. Once upon a time, men adorned themselves in formal accoutrements such as tuxedo style jackets with 'tails'. You're likely most accustomed to seeing Abe Lincoln in one. In the political realm, when a popular figure like the President campaigns to help you get elected to a lower office, you're said to be riding or clinging to his coat tails.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
Quote:

Lincoln will introduce a new car-based crossover, the Aviator, with SUV styling cues and aimed at the Lexus RX 330.

WTF, isn't the Aviator just a reskinned Exploder? There is nothing car-based about it!

Also the Freestyle is just a Ford 500 station Wagon. If they think Crossovers are going to take over the Minivan population they are dead wrong. The Freestyle is tanking, what makes them think its going to replace Freestar buyers???

I would have to agree. The only Minivan's i'd consider if I were in the Market for one are both from Japan.

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard