Print Thread
Page 32 of 45 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 44 45
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by WRX Barge:
Roger,

That dyno at SZ04 was a joke. The numbers it wa putting out were totally out of wack. It might have been accurate for higher outputs or something but the numbers it was putting out for contours were dynojet like numbers... w/o adding 10-15%. Too bad my car wasn't around to make like 220 with the 15% :-P.

Your car may not have been slow but it was not as fast as it could have been with a tune and an intake cleaning. Heck my car picked up 14 hp w/ just a tune.... and I think I could have easily hit 200 hp with headers and an exhaust seeing as how I had all my cats and the stock exhaust w/ the resonator.

So anyway... everyone needs to stop quoting sz04 dyno numbers because in my mind they are totally meaningless...

now go put some stripes on your crossfire so i'll be able to pick it out from 15 car lengths back.

15 car lengths back....all of a sudden we have the fastest car ever.....and it is a Pooparu!

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
You guys sound crazy.

I hope i never meet you guys ever

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
K
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
K
I know I get "pissy" sometimes, but I don't like my car getting pulled into things like this (my old one). My car "may" have added some power with a tune and intake cleaning (ringing the old bit siren), but I was very skeptical on those things, just like headers were supposed to add hp and that was proven to be a waste of money (sorry to those who didn't get that memo ) Either way, the car is long gone, I stepped into the Crossfire because I "Jedi-mindtricked" myself out of the EVO because noone had any maintaince records and now I'll wait it out for the next 2 years enjoying the Crossfire. For the record, I had the CSVT up to 130 about 4-5 times, between 110-120 many times, but yes, have only dumped the clutch 3 times in it and FWIW, I've dumped the clutch more than that in less than one year in the Crossfire I'd also like to mention the time we left Belle Isle on our way to Mexican Village, remember that one Derek

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
headers dont add hp??? i missed that memo

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by tour96SeVT:

That was Roger's own memo...

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
K
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoĆ¢ā??Ā¢:

Actually you've been around long enough Pete, don't you know they really don't add that much if anything at all. I'm going by what Tom dyno'd last year with his CSVT, 177 hp with the "usual" mods in addition to the headers. I know the price has come way down on them, but for the money, just do the "mystery mod" and call it a day

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by The EX- Striped SVT:
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoĆ¢ā??Ā¢:

Actually you've been around long enough Pete, don't you know they really don't add that much if anything at all. I'm going by what Tom dyno'd last year with his CSVT, 177 hp with the "usual" mods in addition to the headers. I know the price has come way down on them, but for the money, just do the "mystery mod" and call it a day

I will agree to a POINT. I am not putting on headers because I am broke, BUT with tuning I think the differences can be great!
AFAIC...Tom's results are on two diff dynos...no two dynos are identical.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by The EX- Striped SVT:
I know I get "pissy" sometimes, but I don't like my car getting pulled into things like this (my old one). My car "may" have added some power with a tune and intake cleaning (ringing the old bit siren), but I was very skeptical on those things, just like headers were supposed to add hp and that was proven to be a waste of money (sorry to those who didn't get that memo ) Either way, the car is long gone, I stepped into the Crossfire because I "Jedi-mindtricked" myself out of the EVO because noone had any maintaince records and now I'll wait it out for the next 2 years enjoying the Crossfire. For the record, I had the CSVT up to 130 about 4-5 times, between 110-120 many times, but yes, have only dumped the clutch 3 times in it and FWIW, I've dumped the clutch more than that in less than one year in the Crossfire I'd also like to mention the time we left Belle Isle on our way to Mexican Village, remember that one Derek

I was kidding,i have met most in our Michigan area.

You don't have to explain your self to anyone. You don't even have to come across as anybody to prove them wrong.

I think ur a stand up guy. Based off of your opinions of the lions.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Arhethia:

You don't have to explain your self to anyone. You don't even have to come across as anybody to prove them wrong.

rog is a great guy! these losers are just pushing his buttons (and doing a good job of it!)

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by Arhethia:

rog is a great guy! these losers are just pushing his buttons (and doing a good job of it!)

Too bad he's on crack if he thinks headers do nothing for our cars. Hmmm, mystery mod? Got turbulence? N/A, headers are the only way to go.

This thread sucks. I'm ready for Spring Zing to get here, so we can end this controversy and bickering. You sound like a bunch of 60 year old women, b!tching over a game of bridge!

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
Page 32 of 45 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 44 45

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard