Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 27 of 45 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 44 45
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by The EX- Striped SVT:
keeping it close with Hector with your ride is going to need a combo of 3.0L w/ NOS (lots of it), turbo'd 2.5L/3.0L or S/C-er, so what is it

You sir, are insane. I'm going to make sure that I have a bottle on my car, come Spring Zing. I probably won't even be pushing 300fwhp, and I'll show you that it doesn't take a turbo and a LOT of "NOS" as you like to put it. This is going to be interesting.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
I'll guarantee it takes a turbo and at least a decent sized shot of nitrous to keep up. I've raced a turbo CSVT a handful of times at different mod levels.

'03 SRT-4 50 trim turbo + support
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
keeping it close with Hector with your ride is going to need a combo of 3.0L w/ NOS (lots of it), turbo'd 2.5L/3.0L or S/C-er, so what is it

You sir, are insane. I'm going to make sure that I have a bottle on my car, come Spring Zing. I probably won't even be pushing 300fwhp, and I'll show you that it doesn't take a turbo and a LOT of "NOS" as you like to put it. This is going to be interesting.

Mark

Hahaha. No kidding.

I would take a standard 2.5L SVT with the 75 wet shot I used to run and expect to destroy the 'average driver' in a bone stock EVO. Modded is different story of course.
There was a guy in TX who came in with his evo using a fancy boost controller and intake, new blow-off valve, plugs etc, and he maxed out the boost on his car and he was only pulling mid 13s around a little over 102.xx or 103.xx mph range.
Driven well and with a few good mods I'm sure it is a consistent mid 13's car, but actual bone stock for the normal driver it seems to be a low 14's maybe 13.9x 1/4mile car.

A 3L on nitrous.....if he can launch fairly well and hook up in 2nd gear then I wouldn't vote for the basic EVO being the winner, even with an intake.
Either way, I'll give the nod to the 3L SVT with Nitrous once they hit 3rd gear, the duratec is so nice with a little power and room to stretch its legs.
Of course with mods on both, it will be a kick ass race but the EVO will get a good hole shot and maybe enough to keep the lead! Please take lots of video.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by RyeLou:
I'll guarantee it takes a turbo and at least a decent sized shot of nitrous to keep up. I've raced a turbo CSVT a handful of times at different mod levels.

Keep up with who? You mean to keep up with an EVO or your SRT-4....or do you mean to keep up with a turbo SVT?

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by warmonger:
A 3L on nitrous.....if he can launch fairly well and hook up in 2nd gear then I wouldn't vote

Which is exactly why I've been dieing to get my car running right and to the track with the bottle. Consistently low 2.2 and 2.1 60' times, and the tires barely bark in 2nd. Not sure what makes my car hook and most not, but I think Jim can contest to it. 2nd gear hooks pretty violently. Can't wait til May!

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by warmonger:
Originally posted by RyeLou:

Keep up with who? You mean to keep up with an EVO or your SRT-4....or do you mean to keep up with a turbo SVT?

I was typing without thinking really. I think a turbo 2.5L or a turbo 3.0L would keep up with a stock Evo, but I still think it would lose. If you're talking about a car like yours with full internals (I'm guessing, right?) and pretty much every other part made for the CSVT, that may be different. To really beat on a stock Evo or beat a lightly modded SRT I do think you'll need something on top of a standard turbo kit. I have no idea where the S/C CSVT fits into the picture.

'03 SRT-4 50 trim turbo + support
K
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Originally posted by SteedaSVTââ??¢:
Originally posted by ContourPower:

I believe its 6.9, but don't quote me and BTW, its all good ...BUT, you'll be enjoying my wing deploying in all its glory and notice the de-badging while your at it too

well, when I'm in front of you Roger, I'll just vent my moonroof ( for added effect).

-Tim

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crossfire = Not Cool!!!!!!

and To bad it doesn't have any of the only M-B parts worth a damn AMG!!

Too you its not cool, fine! I didn't lease the car because I thought it was the coolest ride out there, I just liked the car and how it drove and I certainly don't think its that fast, but its fast enough to beat a CSVT w/ exhaust/CAI, thats for sure.

Now as far as it not having M-B parts worth a damn, well your right Steeda, the engine/trans/rearend/suspension/brakes/chassis isn't really that much and as far as AMG, well, I couldn't afford the SRT-6 Crossfire because at the time they were still $47K+, but in addition to the cost, I didn't want it either because they only come in automatics

In any case, which one of you and your CSVT wants to run it before SZ because all this talk is cheap Just do me a favor and make sure:

-your car is in tune
-you've got good tires
-your car's "ready"

NO EXUSES!

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
You do realize that all your doing is talking too. You keep flappin your gums about how fast your homosexual car is.

Your gonna need more than some debadging and different muffler to be around me. Maybe try racing Pete, Or ContourPower

I wish i could live in the cool Compound Dream world, seems like a very interesting place

K
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
K
So let me see if I got this right, race a 3.0L SE and a CSVT w/150K on it and then, only then, do I get to "prove myself" against your ride and its "mystery mods" Thats fine, but like I said, unless your doing something "major", I don't see the results being that much different either way, but we'll see. Your right, I'm talkin' too, so when someone is ready out there, lets head down to the city airport area on a Sunday

As far as the car being a "homo ride", well, becareful Steeda, you don't want to get banned, do you Not sayin' I'm going to get all pissed about it, but we do have someone who's a vetern CEG-er who is that way and he could make a stink to Lance about it, something to think about.

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
So let me see if I got this right, race a 3.0L SE and a CSVT w/150K on it and then, only then, do I get to "prove myself" against your ride and its "mystery mods" Thats fine, but like I said, unless your doing something "major", I don't see the results being that much different either way, but we'll see. Your right, I'm talkin' too, so when someone is ready out there, lets head down to the city airport area on a Sunday

As far as the car being a "homo ride", well, becareful Steeda, you don't want to get banned, do you Not sayin' I'm going to get all pissed about it, but we do have someone who's a vetern CEG-er who is that way and he could make a stink to Lance about it, something to think about.

is Homosexual not the PC term????

City airport? WOW big risk taker, maybe we can have one of your girls say when to go? Seriously Lapeer and maybe ill run becuase after i smoke you, you will come on CEG and tell everyone what i have. Soo odds are prob not

And there is no mystery mod's just you don't have a need to know. The people who have the need to know, Know what mods it has

stick to "rubbin one out" a car that is

Page 27 of 45 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 44 45

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard