Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Originally posted by The EX- Striped SVT:
keeping it close with Hector with your ride is going to need a combo of 3.0L w/ NOS (lots of it), turbo'd 2.5L/3.0L or S/C-er, so what is it

You sir, are insane. I'm going to make sure that I have a bottle on my car, come Spring Zing. I probably won't even be pushing 300fwhp, and I'll show you that it doesn't take a turbo and a LOT of "NOS" as you like to put it. This is going to be interesting.

Mark

Hahaha. No kidding.

I would take a standard 2.5L SVT with the 75 wet shot I used to run and expect to destroy the 'average driver' in a bone stock EVO. Modded is different story of course.
There was a guy in TX who came in with his evo using a fancy boost controller and intake, new blow-off valve, plugs etc, and he maxed out the boost on his car and he was only pulling mid 13s around a little over 102.xx or 103.xx mph range.
Driven well and with a few good mods I'm sure it is a consistent mid 13's car, but actual bone stock for the normal driver it seems to be a low 14's maybe 13.9x 1/4mile car.

A 3L on nitrous.....if he can launch fairly well and hook up in 2nd gear then I wouldn't vote for the basic EVO being the winner, even with an intake.
Either way, I'll give the nod to the 3L SVT with Nitrous once they hit 3rd gear, the duratec is so nice with a little power and room to stretch its legs.
Of course with mods on both, it will be a kick ass race but the EVO will get a good hole shot and maybe enough to keep the lead! Please take lots of video.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black