Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 45 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 44 45
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by LocoGSR:

The whole Evo vs STi is lame. You like what you like....BUT, if your boy Barge had an Evo you'd be cheering for Mitsu.

Somebody's gotta cheer for the underdog (and I think I would be considered the underdog in my little ol WRX... the Subaru SE Sport).

04 Subaru WRX "Eurosport bling bling fast and furious tokyo drift" "They have diarrhea of the mouth, and constipation of thought"
K
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Just wanna "air out some facts here"...

Hectors ATX/Zetec ran in the 18's stock, then, he did alot of work to it, including a Jackson Racing S/C'er and by the time he was done with it, he cut THREE seconds off of his 1/4 mile times, has anyone done that with a CSVT, the obvious better starting platform than the Zetec IMO going from an 18 second car to a 15 second car is pretty good and those are just facts you can't deny Jason. I haven't seen any CSVT's runnin' mid to high 12's yet, maybe it will happen at SZ06', who knows I haven't noticed Hector acting high and mighty at all and he never fired the first salvo about this either, check out the locked thread and you'll see. I think when you look at what Hector has brought to the table when doing his old ride, its paved the way for alot of other guys, who may be younger and not have alot of money, who also may happen to have "just a Zetec" to get SVT perf out of it for a couple thousand dollars invested. Think about what you can get a Zetec Tour for these days and the kind of people you'll get them from, sounds like a pretty good idea to me!

BTW Jason, I'm not a hero and I'm not a role model

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
The problem with using that logic is it is infinitely easier to make a car go from 18's to 15's then from 15's to 12's. Much less power gain required to do so! Not to mention no traction issues at that low of a power level.

Plus the whole fact that 15's are not remotely quick at all. My wife's 4cyl ATX Cavalier could crack 15's when bone stock. (Just barely but 15's none-the-less) I would not rate it quick in my book. Great gas mileage and very reliable but not a fast car worth bragging about. Now if Hector did all those mods to his Zetec himself (IIRC) then that fact is definitely worth bragging about! The ET or its improvement is not though.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
The problem with using that logic is it is infinitely easier to make a car go from 18's to 15's then from 15's to 12's. Much less power gain required to do so! Not to mention no traction issues at that low of a power level.

Exactly what I was thinking. By Roger's logic, 03 Cobras running 12.8's stock, should be able to run 9.8's with a few grand thrown at it. I know that comparing 03 Cobras to an ATX Zetec Contour are apples to oranges, but so is comparing an ATX Zetec Contour to an SVT Contour. Taking a second off your 1/4 mile time is a LOT easier when we're talking 18's to 17's, than 12's to 11's.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
K
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Point well taken guys, its been some time since I've been personally involved with getting something down into the 12's from the mid 14's I guess I'm just saying Hector isn't getting his props for what he actually did with the car, thats all. I've been in the car and thought it moved out pretty well and on the freeway, well, it ran VERY well

Now, about the EVO vs. WRX! I thought about something, something that hasn't really been talked about and thats the cheerleading thing Derek not only has Steeda at his disposal, but PAWS as well and I for one don't think thats all too fair I "even things up", I'm going to need to apply an "aerodynamic package" to the EVO while its here for the D&B's meet, say 4 coats of acrylic and caranuba! That should do the trick

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
Ya its gonna need it..
cuase teh WRX is gonna "wax dat ass!" get it!

and when you have the amount of time i have wrapped up into a car one would assume you would cheer for it.

K
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
K
We could meet at Skunkworks an hour before, "take care of business" and then head to the meet

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by The EX- Striped SVT:
We could meet at Skunkworks an hour before, "take care of business" and then head to the meet

hahahha....for some stress relief

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by DemonSVT:

Plus the whole fact that 15's are not remotely quick at all. My wife's 4cyl ATX Cavalier could crack 15's when bone stock. (Just barely but 15's none-the-less) I would not rate it quick in my book. Great gas mileage and very reliable but not a fast car worth bragging about. Now if Hector did all those mods to his Zetec himself (IIRC) then that fact is definitely worth bragging about! The ET or its improvement is not though.

I did all the mods (everything except exhaust).

Question? Why does it matter that the car ran 15s? I improved my quarter mile time 3 seconds from stock and again the car gets bashed and put down. 3 seconds is 3 seconds despite traction or other "issues" associated with high horsepower cars. I never claimed the car was fast but a HELL of a lot faster than stock. I worked with what I had and it paid off.

Come on Demon, I would expect better from you. Saying that your wife's Cavy ran 15s stock (comparing it to my modded Zetec). That is like saying you put all this money into your modded SVT and it only runs 13s......then comparing it to my car which runs 13's stock.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Hector,
I think you're taking it the wrong way. I've seen your old Tour, and thought it was badass. I know what sort of effort it took, as I've been on here reading every one of your posts about fitment issues, tuning issues, etc. The only thing I argued was Roger's comment. Just stating that it's a lot of time to take off, but 3 seconds isn't 3 seconds when it comes to 1/4 mile times. 3 seconds off of a 20 second car, and 3 seconds off of a 10 second car are two totally different things. You know that, and it doesn't make the work you put into your Tour, any less respectable.

I wasn't referring to any vehicles imparticular with the 20 and 10 second comments. Just stating in general.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
Page 11 of 45 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 44 45

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard