Originally posted by LocoGSR:
Timeslips don't prove anything. Yeah your car ran that time....but if you can duplicate it again when racing the next opponent is what matters. Just in case you didn't understand: If I have a timeslip that says I ran 13.5 and I run a car that has run 13.7, we race and I lose running only a 13.9 to this guys 13.7 I lost, bottom line. In the end times don't mean ****.

As far as racing....I really don't care if I win or lose. In my Contour I lost EVERY race at the track (except a stock Zetec). No sweat off my back. In the end I got to race and that is all that matters to me.

BTW all of you trying to compare your Contours to an Evo....apples and oranges. There are big differences between a $20k new CSVT vs. a $30k new Evo. Honestly even if you put $10k into your Tour....still apples and oranges.

In the end it will be:

CSVT- Touring sports car
Evo- Race car

If you don't believe or can see what I am saying...look at the hardware on the Evo compared to the CSVT.

No, you are right about the hardware. Even if I match the engine and suspension mods, the AWD and cool differential setups of the EVO are still far advanced. It would take putting in the Jag AWD system or Mondeo AWD system with some tweaking to make the contour into something that could beat the evo in all areas.

But, as far as straight times, I ran 13.9s very consistently with it all the time on the old stock width, street tires all the time. It was harder to drop down in the 13.8s on those same tires due to traction problems and therefore the consistency wasn't there.
So I agree with you on one had that ONE timeslip doesn't mean you'll win, but on the other hand I think if it is pretty consistent then it is a perfect indicator of who will win.

Which by the way, will be ME if I go.
lol

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black