Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 45 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 44 45
K
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
K
I thought I'd share an experience with you guys I had today, inparticular, driving a turbo'd 2.5L CSVT! JD came over today to check out some of the Barrett-Jackson auction (Cabo Wabo ) and I heard a blowoff valve go off, so I knew he was here. I asked right away if the "miss" was out of it that was present when they first got it and and he said yes, so I told him I need to drive it! So I'm going down the road in 2nd gear and just nail it and all of a sudden the thing is wheel hopin', BADLY I asked him, "is that wheelhop" and he said YEAH! I couldn't believe it because the wheel pulled like it needed an alignment Even nailing it in 3rd gear you could feel the wheel workin' against you a bit and a slight variation of this in 4th The showdown at SZ is going to be VERY interesting, but I haven't driven the EVO, yet

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Timeslips don't prove anything. Yeah your car ran that time....but if you can duplicate it again when racing the next opponent is what matters. Just in case you didn't understand: If I have a timeslip that says I ran 13.5 and I run a car that has run 13.7, we race and I lose running only a 13.9 to this guys 13.7 I lost, bottom line. In the end times don't mean ****.

As far as racing....I really don't care if I win or lose. In my Contour I lost EVERY race at the track (except a stock Zetec). No sweat off my back. In the end I got to race and that is all that matters to me.

BTW all of you trying to compare your Contours to an Evo....apples and oranges. There are big differences between a $20k new CSVT vs. a $30k new Evo. Honestly even if you put $10k into your Tour....still apples and oranges.

In the end it will be:

CSVT- Touring sports car
Evo- Race car

If you don't believe or can see what I am saying...look at the hardware on the Evo compared to the CSVT.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
After reading all of this, it seems like as soon as every shows up to SZ, there is just going to be a brawl...

I doubt some of y'all would even bother with turning the car off.

1999 Tropic Green SVT - Rolled 1/24/06 She will be missed.
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
i wouldnt call a evo a race car...rally car is more like it

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
K
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Originally posted by Shawnb:
After reading all of this, it seems like as soon as every shows up to SZ, there is just going to be a brawl...

I can't speak for everyone here as I haven't met everyone inperson, but I know this, Hector is about as laid back as they come (I wish I could be more like that ) and will not start anything with anyone. Theres a couple other here though, I wouldn't worry about either. Its not so much that they're "E-thugs", but its alot easier to spit venom here than inperson. The only way this will get completely blown out of proportion is someone says something personal and to quote Clint Eastwood from "Line of Fire"..."thats not going to happen".

With all that being said, I wanna have something like "Pinks" and I'm the host I've got the guys same haircut and personality We need to pick something to race for, other than money, but something they really don't wanna lose, any 's?

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I

we always talked crap online and a lot of us have been here for a while and either know each other from the board, Or we have met at past SZs, notn is gonna happen its all in fun.

Team Evo Staz: You know why they call it Skunkworks? Everyone: Why? Staz: Because everything that comes out of it stinks!!! Steeda-I hate you stazi
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by I-Dom-In-VIII:

we always talked crap online and a lot of us have been here for a while and either know each other from the board, Or we have met at past SZs, notn is gonna happen its all in fun.

you guys both took what he was saying out of text..he talking a "brawl" in the sense of racing,sh!t talking and more racing..he's not saying brawl as in people are you to be putting there dukes up thirty style boxing or anything...but if they do,i want in on it

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
Originally posted by tour96se:
Originally posted by I-Dom-In-VIII:

you guys both took what he was saying out of text..he talking a "brawl" in the sense of racing,sh!t talking and more racing..he's not saying brawl as in people are you to be putting there dukes up thirty style boxing or anything...but if they do,i want in on it

Ohh welll in that case i can at least back my stuff up

Team Evo Staz: You know why they call it Skunkworks? Everyone: Why? Staz: Because everything that comes out of it stinks!!! Steeda-I hate you stazi
S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
Originally posted by LocoGSR:
Timeslips don't prove anything. Yeah your car ran that time....but if you can duplicate it again when racing the next opponent is what matters. Just in case you didn't understand: If I have a timeslip that says I ran 13.5 and I run a car that has run 13.7, we race and I lose running only a 13.9 to this guys 13.7 I lost, bottom line. In the end times don't mean ****.

As far as racing....I really don't care if I win or lose. In my Contour I lost EVERY race at the track (except a stock Zetec). No sweat off my back. In the end I got to race and that is all that matters to me.

BTW all of you trying to compare your Contours to an Evo....apples and oranges. There are big differences between a $20k new CSVT vs. a $30k new Evo. Honestly even if you put $10k into your Tour....still apples and oranges.

In the end it will be:

CSVT- Touring sports car
Evo- Race car

If you don't believe or can see what I am saying...look at the hardware on the Evo compared to the CSVT.

LOL you crack me up....
All I asked for was a 13's slip since your claimin that.
Just because Motor Trend drivers run a 13.8 doesn't mean you will.

W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by LocoGSR:

In the end it will be:

CSVT- Touring sports car
Evo- Race car

No, you are right about the hardware. Even if I match the engine and suspension mods, the AWD and cool differential setups of the EVO are still far advanced. It would take putting in the Jag AWD system or Mondeo AWD system with some tweaking to make the contour into something that could beat the evo in all areas.

But, as far as straight times, I ran 13.9s very consistently with it all the time on the old stock width, street tires all the time. It was harder to drop down in the 13.8s on those same tires due to traction problems and therefore the consistency wasn't there.
So I agree with you on one had that ONE timeslip doesn't mean you'll win, but on the other hand I think if it is pretty consistent then it is a perfect indicator of who will win.

Which by the way, will be ME if I go.
lol

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
Page 9 of 45 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 44 45

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard