Print Thread
Page 4 of 45 1 2 3 4 5 6 44 45
S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Originally posted by SteedaSVTââ??¢:
Lets see i went through 4 diffs in my First SVT between Drag racing and Auto X'in... Def not scared but i would rather spend my money on other items

Uhhhh, you should have spent money on an LSD after your FIRST diff went out.

It was covered under extended warranty and they wouldn't allow me to spend the extra money to get the lsd. Soo i just broke it every 12k instead. Sucked to be them

Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Lets see i went through 4 diffs in my First SVT between Drag racing and Auto X'in... Def not scared but i would rather spend my money on other items

Uhhhh, you should have spent money on an LSD after your FIRST diff went out.

It was covered under extended warranty and they wouldn't allow me to spend the extra money to get the lsd. Soo i just broke it every 12k instead. Sucked to be them

Hahaa! Nice! I would have done the same thing. Oh wait, I did! Had them do 2 tranny rebuilds for me while under warranty.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
K
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
K

I couldn't agree with you more I also understand Marks point about "building it to run", but if you haven't done so, why do it and be w/o your ride for some time I don't want to piss of Steeda here and bring up my old car but I only do it to disprove my "rep" When I bought my GN 10 years ago it had 87K on the clock and then modded the car out over the next 5 seasons. I made FIFTY passes on the car at Ubly, runnin' anywhere from 13.4@101 mph when I did the first "basic mods" to a 12.6@109 mph when I had the turbo/ 40 lb injectors/front-mounted intercooler/3" downpipe and exhaust done. I also cut a 1.91 60 ft time w/ that 12.6@ 109 mph, but by then, the car had 120K on the original engine/trans and the valve springs needed to be replaced twice by then, not to mention the TE-60 turbo needed a 3000 stall to make it work "properly", so I was stuck with my mid 12 second car. I bring all this up because I knew the car could handle all of this and just "went for it" The CSVT on the hand, well, its not built for that abuse stock and didn't care too much about draggin' a car that would go no better than high 14's with a couple mods and IMO, cost WAY too much money to get it into the 13's, not worth it IMO. Those of you who did so, especially on one that your bought new, well, it must be nice to have money, thats all I'm sayin' and I spent my fair share of money on the Caprice I raced as well as the GN and those days are long behind me The moral of the story is this, if your going to drag, get something that can truely handle it and if its something you really care about, i.e. more emphasis on cruizin' and handling, DON'T DO IT

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
It dosn't piss me off that you show your age

Gn's are cool, If you have a mullet and live in roseville HAHAHAHA

M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by The EX- Striped SVT:
The moral of the story is this, if your going to drag, get something that can truely handle it and if its something you really care about, i.e. more emphasis on cruizin' and handling, DON'T DO IT

the world would be an awfully boring place if people only raced cars that were "ideally suited" for drag racing. actually, if people followed that acumen, your precious GN (i.e. a six cyl turbo family car) would never have existed, right? or if it did, it would have done so with a big block instead? and what fun is that?

to each his own. if everybody liked the same thing, we'd all be banging steedas mom instead of just most of us.

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
I somewhat agree with you Roger, but all I'm saying is, why go through the hassle of doing a fully built motor, a $5500(now $6000) turbo kit, beefing up your transmission and axles to handle the power, and then just take it out once a week and baby it? If I wanted a $30+k cruiser, I'd buy a Mercedes. And just because I take my Contour to the dragstrip from time to time, doesn't mean that I consider it a drag queen. It's a comfortable car to drive everyday if I want to, looks good, low maintenance, and just feels good to drive. I can't stand auto-x, and there aren't really any open road courses in my area. When I need my crazy HP and 1/4 mile fix, I'll buy an 03/04 Cobra.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoââ??¢:
Originally posted by hector:
Let me do the math:

Fastest Contour is 13.4? Stock Evo's with grandma launch run 13.9.....my car isn't stock and I can launch my car......

The above is what I considered started it...
Anyone can go out and buy an EVO. There is a handful of guys that can build a 13 second contour. I was offended at the push over factor that was brought forth in the above post.

It all equals out:

Stock SVT Contour 15 sec.....you build it up to a 13 sec
Stock EVO 13 sec....you build it up to a 11 sec.

I just started with something faster.

If I can do it like my Contour (19-16 sec)...I will run 10s sometime in the future.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H

How many skilled contour drivers are there...and by that I mean guys that frequent the track enough to get their 60' down to 2.0 etc...maybe 2 or 3 guys...

I do a 60ft in 2.8 seconds...

...In a '97 Zetec ATX with nothing but a jury-rigged intake and a messload of runs down the track with "ugly" Radial T/As.

Give me a faster car and I'll do 2 seconds. Maybe faster.

J.T. 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 294ci V8. Custom CAI, headers on the way... 1997 Mercury Mystique Zetec ATX Deceased February 2006
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by MadMerc97:

How many skilled contour drivers are there...and by that I mean guys that frequent the track enough to get their 60' down to 2.0 etc...maybe 2 or 3 guys...

I do a 60ft in 2.8 seconds...

...In a '97 Zetec ATX with nothing but a jury-rigged intake and a messload of runs down the track with "ugly" Radial T/As.

Give me a faster car and I'll do 2 seconds. Maybe faster.

I got a 2.3 out of my Zetec ATX.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Yeah, but you had a blower and a '00 model at that.

J.T. 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 294ci V8. Custom CAI, headers on the way... 1997 Mercury Mystique Zetec ATX Deceased February 2006
Page 4 of 45 1 2 3 4 5 6 44 45

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard