Originally posted by SteedaSVTââ??¢:
Lets see i went through 4 diffs in my First SVT between Drag racing and Auto X'in... Def not scared but i would rather spend my money on other items

I couldn't agree with you more I also understand Marks point about "building it to run", but if you haven't done so, why do it and be w/o your ride for some time I don't want to piss of Steeda here and bring up my old car but I only do it to disprove my "rep" When I bought my GN 10 years ago it had 87K on the clock and then modded the car out over the next 5 seasons. I made FIFTY passes on the car at Ubly, runnin' anywhere from 13.4@101 mph when I did the first "basic mods" to a 12.6@109 mph when I had the turbo/ 40 lb injectors/front-mounted intercooler/3" downpipe and exhaust done. I also cut a 1.91 60 ft time w/ that 12.6@ 109 mph, but by then, the car had 120K on the original engine/trans and the valve springs needed to be replaced twice by then, not to mention the TE-60 turbo needed a 3000 stall to make it work "properly", so I was stuck with my mid 12 second car. I bring all this up because I knew the car could handle all of this and just "went for it" The CSVT on the hand, well, its not built for that abuse stock and didn't care too much about draggin' a car that would go no better than high 14's with a couple mods and IMO, cost WAY too much money to get it into the 13's, not worth it IMO. Those of you who did so, especially on one that your bought new, well, it must be nice to have money, thats all I'm sayin' and I spent my fair share of money on the Caprice I raced as well as the GN and those days are long behind me The moral of the story is this, if your going to drag, get something that can truely handle it and if its something you really care about, i.e. more emphasis on cruizin' and handling, DON'T DO IT

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00