Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
K
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
K
ok i just found (after 2hours of extensive searching) Mikes 3L swap thread. i think it will help me tremendously but i do have some questions to clearify what i have read. mainly about valve springs.

2.5 or 3L valve springs for the 3L valves. in the thread it says use stock springs. to me that could mean one of 3 different sets SVT, stock 2.5 or 3L my teacher questioned that too.

thanks

K
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
K
oh one more thing...is there anything else i might want to save off of the 3L i begin stripping it next class period(monday)

ive got:
block (duh!)
valves
LIM

TB?
MAF?

G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by kscontourkid:
ok i just found (after 2hours of extensive searching) Mikes 3L swap thread. i think it will help me tremendously but i do have some questions to clearify what i have read. mainly about valve springs.

2.5 or 3L valve springs for the 3L valves. in the thread it says use stock springs. to me that could mean one of 3 different sets SVT, stock 2.5 or 3L my teacher questioned that too.

thanks

I used the stock SVT springs. You have a non svt correct? If so, check them with a spring tension gague and use the heavier springs. I forget what the SVT springs were..... But (just a SWAG) I think that the 2.5 and 3l springs should be the same strength.

Another option is the ST200 springs. However, sources tell me that they are probably not any stronger than the SVT springs...

The ONLY 96 (engine) 3L Build 'em fast. Spray 'em faster. ricehatersclub.com
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by giddyup306:

I used the stock SVT springs. You have a non svt correct? If so, check them with a spring tension gague and use the heavier springs. I forget what the SVT springs were..... But (just a SWAG) I think that the 2.5 and 3l springs should be the same strength.

Another option is the ST200 springs. However, sources tell me that they are probably not any stronger than the SVT springs...

The Spring Rate For The 2.5 SVT Valve Springs Are 153 Lbs And The ST220 Valve Springs Which...DO FIT, Are Rated At 163 Lbs. And You Can Get Them At Any Ford Dealership. Should Cost Somewhere In The Range Of 60 Bones To Own Them.
Sorry I Dont Remember The Part Number But You May Find It In The 3L Part Numbers Stickie.

As Far As Saving Some Parts Off The 3L, Id Save All Of The Sensors That You Can...ECT Sensor, Knock Sensor, Et Cetera.

Her Is The Link To The Valve Spring Part Number: Click This And Like It!!!

Last edited by Pale Horse; 02/18/06 12:42 AM.

CSVT E0 3L 14.5 @ 94mph, Stock Intake, Stock Exhaust minus Resonator, CEL, And Broken Pass. Side CV...Untuned.
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by Pale Horse:

The Spring Rate For The 2.5 SVT Valve Springs Are 153 Lbs And The ST220 Valve Springs Which...DO FIT, Are Rated At 163 Lbs. And You Can Get Them At Any Ford Dealership. Should Cost Somewhere In The Range Of 60 Bones To Own Them.
Sorry I Dont Remember The Part Number But You May Find It In The 3L Part Numbers Stickie.

As Far As Saving Some Parts Off The 3L, Id Save All Of The Sensors That You Can...ECT Sensor, Knock Sensor, Et Cetera.

Her Is The Link To The Valve Spring Part Number: Click This And Like It!!!

I almost forgot! Yes save EVERYTHING from both engines untill you are up and running. Then save the sensors for the future. You'll probably never have to buy another sensor again!

~Mike

W
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
W
PH -- are you afraid that your shift key will stop working if you don't press it at least once per word? It's unreadable.

Whirling dervish of FFOG.
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by weargle:
PH -- are you afraid that your shift key will stop working if you don't press it at least once per word? It's unreadable.

lol I never realized that untill you pointed it out.

P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by weargle:

lol I never realized that untill you pointed it out.

The Shift Key Helps Me Keep A Rythm While Typing And Allows Me To Type Faster With Fewer Mistakes.

Last edited by Pale Horse; 02/19/06 12:43 AM.

CSVT E0 3L 14.5 @ 94mph, Stock Intake, Stock Exhaust minus Resonator, CEL, And Broken Pass. Side CV...Untuned.
K
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
K
so to my understanding the sensors should all be the same on the block? minus the one i have to drill and tap(i think it is for a 2.5 sensor to fit the 3L block). and another thing well two things which hoses normally wear(sp) the most and are recomended for changing? i am going to try and use all the bolt on pieces(accessories) that are in the car...A/C comp, alt, power steering pump... this is correct right i did notice how the blocks are almost identical its nucking futs i did come to a problem last night though the accessory pully and harmonic balancer do i need to use the 2.5 pully and get the DMD or should i use the HB off the 3L with the 2.5 pully there are a lot of combinations i will read i promise but i thought id throw the question out there. this is really becoming fun...

W
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
Rythm

Not so fast there ...

Whirling dervish of FFOG.
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard