Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#1482915 01/25/06 12:44 AM
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L

FYI: Harper was born and raised in Onatario. So much for "albertan" rule. Not that i have anything against them, but when you back a very right wing party like the reform...i mean conservative party your not going to get a wide base of support, same thing goes with the Bloc. Canada is mostly liberal in its stances on subjects, so id assume thats why we keep voting for the Liberal party. Thing is, after all this corruption, youd think youd deep 6 the liberals and vote in the NDP (which i voted for). Too bad the NDP didnt do better, though they did double their seats. So that cant be all that bad, besides with the minority conservative government, they have to wheel and deal with the bloc and ndp to get any bills they pass through parliament. Liberals, as opposition, might make things difficult, but now that Martins gone, things might move ahead. I just wish instead of cutting the GST, theyd rather reduce income taxes. I think that would help out alot more than a 5 percent GST.

95 Merc Stique Zetec 2.0 Auto
#1482916 01/25/06 12:59 AM
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Suprisingly I agree 100%.. income tax reduction would be a lot nicer.. I really do hope that the conservatives pass some good bills and not attack the Liberals everyday...

98 Contour V6 MTX CTA Exhaust/CTA Intake/MSDS Y-pipe/Bat Handling Kit/Predator Alarm/Spec1 Clutch Kit/SVT Flywheel/G Assurances Fix your car yourself "It's not a UFO." Todras
#1482917 01/25/06 01:28 AM
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
The thing they need to change: the number of ridings in Ontario, its simply retarted how many ridings you have compared to any other province specifically alberta, even when the population difference isnt THAT huge.

Also, most people havent really watched any political debates, the Conservative party isnt mad right wing like they used to do, harper has brought it more to a liberal side with less social cutting and whatnot.

oh yea, whoever voted liberal... Idiots...

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

#1482918 01/25/06 01:07 PM
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Tourige:
The thing they need to change: the number of ridings in Ontario, its simply retarted how many ridings you have compared to any other province specifically alberta, even when the population difference isnt THAT huge.

Also, most people havent really watched any political debates, the Conservative party isnt mad right wing like they used to do, harper has brought it more to a liberal side with less social cutting and whatnot.

oh yea, whoever voted liberal... Idiots...

According to the 2001 census, Canada's population was 30,007,094. Of that, Ontario had 11,410,046 people, and Alberta had 2,974,807. Ontario's population is the largest in the country by a wide margin. That's why we have more seats in the current system. I am not saying it is perfect, but that's the way it is.

As for calling those who voted Liberal idiots, I am sure 30 per cent of the population of Canada, were they reading this, would be taking umbrage right now.

98 Silver Frost SVT 97 BMW 540I Sport, six speed "Blue is for sky, black is for soil, and white is for simplicity, purity and hope for the future" "A coveted car should never stunt your life, but should make it more rich and interesting."
#1482919 01/25/06 10:23 PM
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
i dont have anything against the parties beliefs, its more or less the people running it are morons

much like your weiner.

#1482920 01/26/06 12:19 AM
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Yah I can agree on that one at least.. some of the party leaders turned out to be stealing / hiding and just mismanaging money.. I wish there was a way to keep people in line... or at least have a public flogging..

But that doesn't mean people that support the ideology of Liberal policies are idiots..

98 Contour V6 MTX CTA Exhaust/CTA Intake/MSDS Y-pipe/Bat Handling Kit/Predator Alarm/Spec1 Clutch Kit/SVT Flywheel/G Assurances Fix your car yourself "It's not a UFO." Todras
#1482921 01/26/06 12:41 AM
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
i think when your in power that long things get blurred and people get brave. After so long its like old hat to them so they start tossin around the bucks. Im sure glad theyre out of the drivers seat. I want to know when this "immeidate" GST reduction is happening. Id still rather have my income tax adjusted. Im not so fond of theyre daycare thing either, giving money to everyone, well some of those people wont use it for daycaren and some just make so much money they shouldnt get to get it. Not that im saying the LIbs idea is perfect, its far from it.

95 Merc Stique Zetec 2.0 Auto
#1482922 01/26/06 12:46 AM
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by The1stAcekiller:
Yah I can agree on that one at least.. some of the party leaders turned out to be stealing / hiding and just mismanaging money.. I wish there was a way to keep people in line... or at least have a public flogging..

But that doesn't mean people that support the ideology of Liberal policies are idiots..

No, but the people who voted to get the idiots back into office sure are just that.. Idiots.

much like your weiner.

#1482923 01/26/06 01:36 PM
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Tourige:
Originally posted by The1stAcekiller:

No, but the people who voted to get the idiots back into office sure are just that.. Idiots.

Doing this in the eastern Canada forums....hope you got your flame suit on lad.....

Personally, I would be more likely to question the judgement of anyone who thought Stockwell Day was the answer as a party leader. Or thought that Canadian Reform Alliance Party would make an OK acronym.

Harper was smart -- he reached out to the Progressive Conservative party, and got the wisdom of the horses that ran Mulroney to power in the 80s.

I admit, parts of his platform look good, but many items are the same things that the Liberals announced over the last 18 months, but with a twist.

I never thought I would say this, but I think the GST cut, while being a snappy-looking idea, isn't all that great. An income tax cut would be more effective at helping the poor, because there is no GST on food or rent.

That said, Harper is on a short leash. Will he do a good job? He has to -- or he will be back living in Stornoway in 2 years.

As for myself, I do what I always do -- I voted for the person that I thought would do the best job for my riding. The Conservative candidate has made many misrepresentations in his materials over the last 18 months, so I went with the Liberal candidate, who had a strong business and volunteer history in the community.

98 Silver Frost SVT 97 BMW 540I Sport, six speed "Blue is for sky, black is for soil, and white is for simplicity, purity and hope for the future" "A coveted car should never stunt your life, but should make it more rich and interesting."
#1482924 01/26/06 06:14 PM
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
I dont know why your saying i should get my flame suit on, I mean you just agreed to everything i said perty much, I honestly thought the election would be NDP vs. Conservatives.

Oh yea, Stockwell day is an idiot...

much like your weiner.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Gerald_dup1, mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard