Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Originally posted by The EX- Striped SVT:
Mark, I can appreciate all the work that went into your car and your help putting SZ06' together and atleast you've added the correct words to your disclaimer "small chance" and "depends on a few things between now and May 20th" I'm eagerly awaiting the actual dragrace, but the bench racing is pretty good as well!

I've learned to put those disclaimers to avoid later flaming, if something doesn't go according to plan. Nothing is guaranteed in life, but smack talking is just too much fun to do, especially with trolls of CEG. If my nitrous kit sells before Spring Zing, I don't think I'll be buying another kit. By "depends on a few things between now and May 20th", I mean that I might think about keeping the SVT, and possibly do a different nitrous kit, but who knows? If I get some bugs worked out before now and then, you'll see a 12 second Contour at Spring Zing. If not, then I don't mind running it N/A. The car will most likely be up for sale, following Spring Zing anyway.

Mark

That makes me sad selling that beauty of a tour

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoââ??¢:
Yes, I have and it is much easier.

No brainer.

1. Rev engine up to 5000 rpms
2. Dump clutch
3. Hold on so your head doesn't snap off your neck and through the rear window.

And Hector, you may take me out of the hole by a car length or two, but I hope you know how to bang gears, because I will be hunting you down before the end of the track.

Mark

You have obviously not launched an AWD. You dump the clutch, YOU BOG. No if, ands or buts. It takes a combination of slipping your foot off the clutch and being at the right point of engagement.

My mods are a K&N, PCM reflash (holding 20 psi to redline), and catback. If I get a good run in....should be good for a 12. BTW I launch at 6k and I bang through the gears.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
My car doesn't bog when I launch at like 5500-6500 rpm depending on how much wheelspin I want.

Results in something like this...
Download the vid

04 Subaru WRX "Eurosport bling bling fast and furious tokyo drift" "They have diarrhea of the mouth, and constipation of thought"
S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
I don't see that evo hitting 12 with them mod's

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by SteedaSVTââ??¢:
I don't see that evo hitting 12 with those mod's

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
Thats not the point, Them or Those mod's Still doesn't equal 12's

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
I agree.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by LocoGSR:
You have obviously not launched an AWD.

You obviously have not seen me behind the wheel of a car. If you can't do an AWD clutch dump and pull 1.7 60's, you suck plain and simple. You have to lay into the gas when you dump the clutch or ofcourse you're going to bog. Ahhh, I don't want to give you too many tips on how to drive your own car, you might actually beat me.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I

Maybe you should go over to EVOM and do a search....

Are you forgetting we are at 274hp stock. Add and exhaust(15-20 Tb) and a basic flash(20Hp) and we are over 300hp..And even with a drop in K&N people are seeing 5-7hp.

I'm done with this back and forth BS, Just bring it on at track day and dont bring no BS excuses

Team Evo Staz: You know why they call it Skunkworks? Everyone: Why? Staz: Because everything that comes out of it stinks!!! Steeda-I hate you stazi
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by I-Dom-In-VIII:

I'm done with this back and forth BS, Just bring it on at track day and dont bring no BS excuses

~Alex Ex- SVT Driver627 MUST SELL!!!LOCAL: Pre-98 MOLDED trunk Polk db speakers Corolla parts LED Underbody Kit PM 2000 Green CSVT gone on 2/17/06 2001 Toyota Corolla (SHE RUNS!!!) 1989 Mustang LX 5.0
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard