Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by I-Dom-In-VIII:
Sorry but i aint doing no freaking 5k dump, I like my trans and clutch and dont feel like replaceing them soon.

Well then I should be able to take you down without the juice. EVO's/STI's rely on their launches to run what the magazines quote. Otherwise, add .5 to 1 second to what you should run.

Why do you think stock 03-04 Cobra owners aren't afraid of the EVO's? They know that most EVO owners won't drive their cars to their potential, when in all reality they should be very close in ET's.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Originally posted by I-Dom-In-VIII:
Sorry but i aint doing no freaking 5k dump, I like my trans and clutch and dont feel like replaceing them soon.

Well then I should be able to take you down without the juice. EVO's/STI's rely on their launches to run what the magazines quote. Otherwise, add .5 to 1 second to what you should run.

Why do you think stock 03-04 Cobra owners aren't afraid of the EVO's? They know that most EVO owners won't drive their cars to their potential, when in all reality they should be very close in ET's.

Mark

guess we will see at the track huh, dont hold your breath though.

Team Evo Staz: You know why they call it Skunkworks? Everyone: Why? Staz: Because everything that comes out of it stinks!!! Steeda-I hate you stazi
B
Learned patience the hard way
Learned patience the hard way
B
Hmm, should make for an interesting run or two for sure. Heck I ran against Zenboy's STi from a roll last year on the way to the auto-x and it was a dead heat.

Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
I fig'd you'd walk all over him.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
I hope the drag racing is professionally video taped, should be a good one Pete, is your car going to be done by SZ06' The reason I ask is because we need to get together and "compare our systems", i.e. your "modified system" to my "stock system"

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Oh it WILL be done! MSU isn't cheap and school is coming first. For ref the engine is DONE! I just need to bolt up the fly/clutch, and trans. Then drop it in and from there...not much. It's getting there.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoĆ¢ā??Ā¢:
Oh it WILL be done! MSU isn't cheap and school is coming first. For ref the engine is DONE! I just need to bolt up the fly/clutch, and trans. Then drop it in and from there...not much. It's getting there.

Good!, let me know when your ready Pete, I have a spot in mind, my old stomping grounds....maybe you've heard of it...right near the city airport

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Originally posted by LocoGSR:
Originally posted by 5V7 Dr1v3r627:
Originally posted by LocoGSR:
I am going to the drag strip this time....who wants to LOSE?

Fixed...

Actually, there's a small chance that my car will be ready to show an EVO whatsup at the dragstrip. Depends on a few things between now and May 20th.

Mark

Mark, I can appreciate all the work that went into your car and your help putting SZ06' together and atleast you've added the correct words to your disclaimer "small chance" and "depends on a few things between now and May 20th" I'm eagerly awaiting the actual dragrace, but the bench racing is pretty good as well!

S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
All you EVO owners are Pansies!!!!!

Barge Drops that [censored] from Redline and hasn't broke anything, Don't be such sissies!

Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by The EX- Striped SVT:
Mark, I can appreciate all the work that went into your car and your help putting SZ06' together and atleast you've added the correct words to your disclaimer "small chance" and "depends on a few things between now and May 20th" I'm eagerly awaiting the actual dragrace, but the bench racing is pretty good as well!

I've learned to put those disclaimers to avoid later flaming, if something doesn't go according to plan. Nothing is guaranteed in life, but smack talking is just too much fun to do, especially with trolls of CEG. If my nitrous kit sells before Spring Zing, I don't think I'll be buying another kit. By "depends on a few things between now and May 20th", I mean that I might think about keeping the SVT, and possibly do a different nitrous kit, but who knows? If I get some bugs worked out before now and then, you'll see a 12 second Contour at Spring Zing. If not, then I don't mind running it N/A. The car will most likely be up for sale, following Spring Zing anyway.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard