Originally posted by Rayn:
Rear sway mount (I think???) on the same side that the rear strut went bad, it was broken. It was like a metal wrap that held the sway bar in place (not at the end but right before the bend). They were on both sides of the sway bar. The other one was still intact. They repaired it and it is significantly more quiet (only occassional knocking when the pothole is big).. Is it possible to have a virtually silent suspension/ride (without owning a $50,000 car)?

I had the mechanic tack weld the RR sway bar bushing to its mounting point. Noise is gone. BTW, the crazy piece (accurately described by you as a "metal wrap") was $55.

FWIW, I just had 4 x Monroe Sensatracs installed + a new spring in the LR corner. The front was getting a bit floaty and the RR felt like it was cocking its leg at a fire hydrant. Not BAT struts by any means but all this $$ transformed the car. I love the way these things handle...very European/German. Better than any Jetta or Passat that I've owned and I've owned a few.

My daughter just got her learner's permit today. She gets the Mystique for this. Mom won't let her touch the Freestar Sport and Dad (me) won't let her touch the CRX Si. I just installed 4 adjustable Koni reds, and adjustable-for-drop HP Sport springs. This is a killer combination and perfectly matched. I don't know if you can get a similar nice combination for the Contour/Mystique/Mondeo but I *do* know that anything Koni touches turns to gold. You can see pictures of this setup at http://crx.unixlover.com

TTYL,

Eric

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada '96 Mystique GS, ATX