Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
BlueMystique,
Both the Koni kit and BAT kit are great suspensions. The BAT kit will give you a more gentle ride than the Koni's, but you don't have any control over the adjustability of the ride. The Koni kit is I think, ~$100 more than the BAT kit, but well worth it in my eyes. I've got Koni's w/ Eibach and roll with them on full stiff at all times. I don't feel the ride to be TOO bad either. Koni also has a lifetime warranty on their on their struts.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
R
Rayn Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by BlueMystique:
Rayn, let me know what you think of the BAT kit on the streets of Brooklyn once you finally get it installed. I used to live in Bklyn and drive up fairly often and I plan on going with an aftermarket suspension and was advised the BAT kit is the best for NYC streets. Also, let me know what it cost to get it installed in NYC and where. Thanks

No Doubt! I'll let you know. From what everyone is saying it seems like these are really good and reasonably priced... NYC tears cars up! I hardly do more than creap out here because there's always that pothole lurking aiming to destroy your suspension, rims and provide you with some body damage. When I do get to open up in the safe havens, I'm very impressed (compared to other cars) by the stock handling so I can't imagine how I will feel tomorrow afternoon when I have my BAT Kit installed...

Koni Kit $819.95
BAT Kit $595.00

SV Pushing An SVT!!! The Rayn Campaign
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by Rayn:
Koni Kit $819.95
BAT Kit $595.00

LoadedSVT found the Koni Kit for under $700 shipped. He might chime in on where he found it.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
R
Rayn Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
If so then that's a great price... I had my BAT kit put in today... I still have some noise coming from the back which I'm a little pissed about, but I don't have crunching knocking strut noise anymore . I was a little dissapointed with the disposition of the drop but I know that it takes time for the car to settle (I hope not too much time). It looks about the same though. As for firmness of handling, yes you can feel the difference (not that the SVT suspension was bad at all). My mechanic is in an area called Flatbush out in Brooklyn. The main street "Flatbush Avenue" is not only bumpy, it also has craters that can swallow a Mini Cooper! Those struts held on tight despite the workout on that block. I understand now the difference of when you have normal shocks or struts for comfort then the car bounces alot, these struts are like a hug from a person with velcro arms! You never feel a loss of control. They are better than the SVT struts. I wish I could have a tad bit more drop but, I probably don't need it out here... I haven't had a chance to test em out on the highway just yet, street test they get an "A" for now.. By the way BAT shipped them really quick!!!!!

B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Rayn, Cool glad that the struts worked out for you I know how Flatbush ave is I grew up right off of Atlantic Ave in Brooklyn. I think I may go for the BAT kit because I am not looking for a radical drop about an inch is all I am looking for. I am still considering the BAT springs with Koni adjustables, this way I could have the ride height I like and adjustability; but it seems that even on their softest settings the Koni's are firmer than the BAT struts.

As far as the noise, you may want to check your sway bar mounts if it is a clunking type noise.

R
Rayn Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
I will check (the sway bar mounts) thanks... I was on Atlantic today dodging those manhole covers! The drop still seems the same on day 2... I think the Koni's only adjust about another 1/2" more if i'm not mistakened. The reason I bought the whole BAT kit was because they said that the springs and the struts were tuned to work together. I don't know how much difference that makes.

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by BlueMystique:
As far as the noise, you may want to check your sway bar mounts if it is a clunking type noise.

Clunking? End links...

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
"I was a little dissapointed with the disposition of the drop but I know that it takes time for the car to settle (I hope not too much time). It looks about the same though."

Don't worry bro...it'll drop nicely...

R
Rayn Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by Mod-Deth:
"I was a little dissapointed with the disposition of the drop but I know that it takes time for the car to settle (I hope not too much time). It looks about the same though."

Don't worry bro...it'll drop nicely...

Thanks for the reassurance... How long do they usually take to settle?
(The difference in the ride is definitely immediate!)
I will also check out the end links tomorrow (taking her back to the shop)

Last edited by Rayn; 01/24/06 11:15 PM.

R
Rayn Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
Rear sway mount (I think???) on the same side that the rear strut went bad, it was broken. It was like a metal wrap that held the sway bar in place (not at the end but right before the bend). They were on both sides of the sway bar. The other one was still intact. They repaired it and it is significantly more quiet (only occassional knocking when the pothole is big).. Is it possible to have a virtually silent suspension/ride (without owning a $50,000 car)?

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard