When I bought my Mystique from my aunt and uncle,I had always liked the car,but it wasn't exactly the coolest car to have when you're 18. The ATX on the Zetec drove me nuts,because I could just feel that motor wanted to let go and live a little. If that thing had an MTX it would have been a joy. I modified the car a bit,full stereo system,leather swap,custom head and tail lights,oem spoiler,underglow,tint,and such,and then got bored with it and hated the terrible gas milage and traded up to the Duratec.

I bought that car with the intent from day 1 for it to be a project and I was going to finish it. Repair after repair after repair hampered my modding fund,but I still scraped together some cash to get the mods rolling. Now,I've given up on the car,it's not worth it anymore. I was going to store the car for the winter and begin a teardown and rebuild,and after pricing everything out,it came to the cost of a new car,so I decided to go the new car route.

I bought a Zetec in November which was supposed to be my winter beater while the Duratec went in storage,but after driving the Zetec for a week,the thing was more fun than my Duratec and I realized it had lots of potential and I could use all the Focus parts on it,so I put the car away ready to tear into it in the spring. I started saving money for the build,and now that money is going towards a down payment on my new car and I'm going to fix up the Zetec and sell it. It's a shame,I'd like to keep it as a project,but I just don't have the time,money or space unfortunately. It was going to be a supercharged little beast with a full SVT kit and all sorts of custom stuff. I was going to have no costs spared on it. I was easily going to spend over $20k on it.

Then reality hit me. I'm wasting money,going to lose money,and I can really only afford one car.

'95 CGL ZMTX - DOB: 8/94 - Daily Driver - 271k & counting - Ractive muffler,MSD ignition coil,KEM 8mm wires,Pre98 SE 7 spoke rims,KVR CF brake pads,Post98 sail panels,Sony Xplod HU,Pioneer 3-way 6x9's '89 Mazda B2200 - Under Construction