Originally posted by GregDawg:
Since this forum "sucks" so bad here is a bench racing question. My friend is willing to bet me $500 that his g/f's 95 Grand Prix 3.lL will beat my V6 Contour. Now, I raced the car before when the girl was driving and beat it by half a car length or so but she says she wasn't really trying (i don't believe that). Neway, what do you guys think?The car has aver 200,000 miles on it but I think the engine and tranny were replaced at 100,000 maybe. Same engine and all. Let me know.

Thats kind of a tuffy. The trannie in the GP probably would shift at better points then in the ATX duratec. Ive been in an ATX Duratec mystique, they pull hard in first gear, but then in 2nd they shift prematurely. I say you have the upper hand though, as the GM 3.1L Doesnt have much to speak for it. As long as you remove you're "oversized system" I think you will be fine.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?