Originally posted by projectSHO89:
Do yourself and your car a favor. Use either Autolite double-platinum or the new Motorcraft finewire plug. Skip the conventional single platinum plug as it won't last very long. The finewire is a new style that makes the double platinum electrodes unneeded.

You can look up the correct Motorcraft replacement part at www.motorcraft.com AutoZone sells them for about $4.60 each.

Changing Mobil 1 at 3K miles is like throwing away 1/2 of every bottle of Jack Daniel's. You're wasting up to at least half of it's useful life (depending on your driving patterns).

Steve

I just put in the Autolite Platinum Pro/Extreme Perform. APP5344 today!

Fist issue: The reach on the plug was about 1/4 inch longer than the Motorcraft and I was concerned with that.

Second issue: I notice a *decrease* in gas mileage....it's aweful. I just came back from driving a distance I drive all the time and notice I used almost used a 1/4 tank of gas when I normally ony use about and 1/8. Any idea why...could it be the Autolite plugs??

I am considering putting in the Motorcraft Finewire AZFS32FE. Perhaps I should stick with the Motorcraft....maybe my gas mileage will return to normal.

This is so frustrating!

-Mary