The subject of what plugs to use has come up probably a hundred times since I've been on this site. In every case, Motorcraft or Autolite or "what the manufacturer put in" has been the recommended answer. What brand not to use has been every other type known to man. Some members disregard the sage advice from the experts here and say they notice no difference. Well, that's fine. But if you ask a question about plugs, especially one that's been asked many times before, you might not get the answer you were expecting. For what it's worth, on small maintenance items, you can never go wrong with what Ford uses from the factory. Be it air or oil filters or plugs or batteries. In many cases, there's hardly any difference in price. In this case of plugs, there's absolutely no excuse for using anything else but Motorcraft or Autolite. I can't tell you what Champions will do in these engines. I've used them in my Ranger and they were okay. But that's a whole different type of engine than what we have in the Contour.
Karl

*** It's all about consistency! *** *** Previously 88SVT *** 06 F150 Supercrew 5.4L FX4 98 SVT Contour #4362 Born 1/6/1998 86 Ranger GT (For Sale) 69 Fiat 850 Sport Spider (For Sale) 67 Formula-S Barracuda