Politely I will respond to your reply. The oil in a gas or diesel engine is not used any differently. They both perform the SAME tasks: lubrication, heat rejection, anti-rust, etc. True, the additive packages are different. Heavy duty diesel engine oil is designed for longer intervals between drains, along with some other changes that are not pertinent to this discussion. The fact of the matter is: combustion byproducts (regardless of the fuel) include acids. Let me reiterate, regardless of fuel type combustion byproducts include acids. One of the properties of engine oil is to neutralize acids over time (read up on TBN and TBA). As the service life of the oil increases it loses it's ability to neutralize. Let it go too far and the acids can (and do) damage. No, nothing like burning a hole through your block in a weeks time. It is long term wear items that suffer.
If you want to put 2-cycle oil in your car, go right ahead. I do not put diesel oil in my car. However, the next time you look at a bottle of Mobil 1, look for the latest API deisgnation and notice - right next to the SJ (or whatever the latest designation is) you will also see a C* designation for diesel (compression) engines. Oh, but according to you, that can't be!

'98 SVT Red/midnight blue - a few mods E0 wheels for sale - PM me