Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
I have the 3.0L shortblock on the engine stand ... I will snap pictures tonight ... if the girdle isn't covering up too much

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Stazi:
I'm gonna check where the oil gallery is on the Duratech. Must be somewhere in that vicinity. Only question is who is willing to sacrifice a block to try and retrofit squirter and the cost would be high. I'd be worried about to much oil pressure loss - and with these engines, it's something we've found out that we cannot afford at all!

Upgrade to the Mazda6 high volume oil pump.

Driving the Caliber Side project: The LT-5 Fiero is being born..
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
That is probably a marketing gimick as they most likely don't differ from the stock units ... I could be wrong though ... does it have a ford part #?

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by fastcougar:
That is probably a marketing gimick as they most likely don't differ from the stock units ... I could be wrong though ... does it have a ford part #?

Doesn't look like a typical Motorcraft number to me:

Originally posted by procyon:
A little more info on the higher flow pump...It's only used on the Mazda6, Fusion, and Lincoln LS(2003+ with VCT). It's not used on the Jag versions even though they have VCT. As I understood it was needed to provide enough oil pressure at lower rpm for the VCT operation. The Jag has a different VCT strategy which I guess activates at higher rpm.

Also, the higher flow pump costs more and causes very slight fuel economy hit. All those tenths of mpg add up.

Service PN is 3W4Z-6600-AA.

W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W

Hate to say it, but the information given to me about the pump being higher volume came from Procyon, and he is 99% never wrong on his facts about these engines. I doubted him once years and years ago but I was sufficiently convinced shortly thereafter that he knew his stuff.

The pump has to push more oil to supply the standard duratec needs along with provide oil to actuate the cam sprockets for the variable valve timing.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by warmonger:

Hate to say it, but the information given to me about the pump being higher volume came from Procyon, and he is 99% never wrong on his facts about these engines. I doubted him once years and years ago but I was sufficiently convinced shortly thereafter that he knew his stuff.

The pump has to push more oil to supply the standard duratec needs along with provide oil to actuate the cam sprockets for the variable valve timing.

I had no idea that the information originated from Procyon. Try and understand that my statement was based on a reply by someone with 187 posts. Also note that I clearly state " ... I could be wrong though ... "

I hereby reserve the right to be incorrect in my assumptions and thoughts

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
I had no idea that the information originated from Procyon. Try and understand that my statement was based on a reply by someone with 187 posts. Also note that I clearly state " ... I could be wrong though ... "

I hereby reserve the right to be incorrect in my assumptions and thoughts

Ahem, . To make it up, you can post those pictures you promised us.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard