Here's the story on the wiring harness problem. I had both my tours done years ago. A relative of mine worked for a sneaks engineering company that was hired by Ford to solve some of their hardware and software problems several years ago. He got to know the Engineers at Ford real well and they told them this horror story. Back in the early 90s Ford, in their effort to save some money, cut the quality department out totally. These are the folks that take products made by numerous vendors and test them to see if they meet spec. They also compile records of problems reported by dealers and seek to resolve them in a matter of weeks. Instead it took years to fix the parts. Remember the pre-cat problems on the 95s? If someone would have tested the manifolds only a few hundred cars would have had this problem - not 2 years worth. As for the harness. The vendor used the incorrect plastizer in the insulation formula. Cars in the south, expecially ones near the Gulf, had the insulation falling off 2 years later. Water pump is the same story. Someone decided to color the 2.5s impellers black as no to confuse them with other pumps. The dye caused the plastic to degrade prematurly. It tool a few years to catch this one. Where was their savings???