Originally posted by CSVT#49:
I'm just confused at the randomness of everything and how the wires to the coil pack seem to have such a huge impact on things. I'll try checking the voltage tomorrow morning.

I also forgot to mention that when I fixed those coil pack wires my dome light now comes on right away when I open my drivers side door. It used to not come on at all, I would have to hit the door jamb button about 3-4 times before it would finally come on. Hows that for odd.

Measure voltage drop. => Measure voltage across the battery, then between battery -positive- and (let's say) the trans case -ground-.

I think a 0.1v variance is allowable or the norm, but you'd want them almost identical. Otherwise there's an issue with the circuit, like corrosion.

The dome light problem is probably the -timer delay module-. Ah-ha the timer delay module? Bottom-most on the inside fuse block. Contains the gong that sounds when you leave the key in the ignition.

Mine would start working when I pried it out. Seems the module plug blades are cast into the plastic housing. It's a corrosion spot and I'd pull the replacement apart and spray that area of the circuit board with something like Silglyde. I got 2 out of the boneyard, one was good.

95 Contour, 2.0L, stick, 178K mi.